8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone else have this problem with their headers? I get a CEL every 1.5 months or so. All I do is reset the ECU and it's gone. It's just annoying...

Also, i'm looking to get a Magnaflow HFC to weld on to the BCRH. What is the difference between the diameter sizes 2', 2.25", 2.5", 2.75", 3"? I'm not sure if it necessarily means the bigger the more flow thus better.. Also, will it be louder if it's bigger?

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
llckll said:
Does anyone else have this problem with their headers? I get a CEL every 1.5 months or so. All I do is reset the ECU and it's gone. It's just annoying...

Also, i'm looking to get a Magnaflow HFC to weld on to the BCRH. What is the difference between the diameter sizes 2', 2.25", 2.5", 2.75", 3"? I'm not sure if it necessarily means the bigger the more flow thus better.. Also, will it be louder if it's bigger?
Those numbers would be referring to the diameter of the piping. It's been proven that our K-series motors benefit from a larger piping and we can go as large as 3" without any major trade offs. The major misconception that we'll lose power in the lower power band is probably coming from those who came from a B or D series engine where 3" would really only be necessary with a really agressive setup.

As for the CEL, I'd probably get it scanned if it comes up. Otherwise, double check the defouler or even purchase a new one.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
yodums is there some proof of this. I would like to get the most power out of my setup and want to make sure that if I run a 3" with i/rh im not gonna lose any torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts