8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title state, i think ive gone as far as i can go on the DCRH, so its time to trade up. as soon as it arrives i will install and dyno. stay tuned.

heres a vid i made last night... long live the DC, BTW i never spun 2nd sooo hard... lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
holy ****.. that needle jst flew as soon as you got on it.. Ur car is sick bro, im debating to sell my header after i get ur intake n get the BCRH but idk if its worth it.. I raced a friend with the same setup as me but he had the BCRH and clutch and i pulled on him a bit... plus the BCRH has the manifold connecting cylinders 1and4, 2and3 and i heard that that wasent that good?

·
Registered
281 Posts
2k7SI said:
holy ****.. that needle jst flew as soon as you got on it.. Ur car is sick bro, im debating to sell my header after i get ur intake n get the BCRH but idk if its worth it.. I raced a friend with the same setup as me but he had the BCRH and clutch and i pulled on him a bit... plus the BCRH has the manifold connecting cylinders 1and4, 2and3 and i heard that that wasent that good?

1/4 and 2/3 r considered paired cylinders and when connected like bcrh it creates scavenging which helps relieve the cylinders of exhaust gases which in turn allow a cleaner, more efficient burn the next cycle. thus giving a little extra power.

4-stroke cycle for any 4 cyl = 1-3-4-2

further explaination requires much typing im too lazy to do...

and i thought i nearly killed my 2nd gear :SHOCKED: :lildevil:

·
Registered
265 Posts
u have the reflash i take it? cause the needle pegs to 9k and your shifting at 8500 where mine bounces off at 8300...

any CEL?

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2k7SI said:
thats the correct pairing, even the DCRH is like that. i think K20Z3's vary to much, my friends FA5 with just Xintake pulls on I/H/E si's... so its weird.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Cuban Si said:
1/4 and 2/3 r considered paired cylinders and when connected like bcrh it creates scavenging which helps relieve the cylinders of exhaust gases which in turn allow a cleaner, more efficient burn the next cycle. thus giving a little extra power.

4-stroke cycle for any 4 cyl = 1-3-4-2

further explaination requires much typing im too lazy to do...
I've been saying that all along about the pairing of the cylinders with the BCRH.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Maybe that's why with the BC you have to run the angled mech 02 sim as opposed to the DC you can run the straight one.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Whocares05050 said:
What is the known power differance?

i think 5 hp tops? i believe better torque too? not posi tho. from what dc sports told me tho, outlet is 2" compared to 2.5" on bcrh. stock i believe is 2.25" after cat and i believe 2.75"/3" before... dont quote me tho.

ha, just found out my bcrh might be in tomorro, if so, ill measure stock diameters.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I made my own angled mech sim for about $7 with the Help non-foulers. I would pay the $13 for one but IDK about $30 so I made my own solution for alot less money.

BTW-Great work on the intake.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just came back from doing a few runs against 04 sentra V SPec and RX8.

Owned them. pulled 3 cars against v spec and 1.5-2 cars against rx8 2nd gear 45mph roll.

I have X's intake, BCRH, TB Spacer/gaskets, IMG. Can't wait to get reflash and exhaust.

one thing with my BCRH is that i occasionally get a CEL. I'm thinking my defouler is bad because it goes away everytime i reset my ecu. Was thinking of welding on a magnaflow HFC.

XFactor - where did you get the shorter defouler? maybe ill try that. I'm currently using the angled one from strut king.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts