8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The install was a horrible experience. I ended up stripping one of the bolts because the three bottom holes did not line up properly:Mad: I ended up using studs for the bottom 3 holes to match the top holes. IMO that is how it should have come from the factory. I also was a little annoyed about having to go hunt down bolts and gaskets for this $800 header. So i bolted it up to the stock exhaust, Cranked it up i noticed the stock exhaust had a little deeper rumble from the rear but if you stand by the car or listen you can hear a tinky sound. Sounds like the "wonderfully crafted" springs are rattleing a little bit. I had a feeling this would happen. Doesn't bother me enough to pull it off and wrap it though. So, i take it down the rode get on it i notice it pulls a little harder in VTEC but other than that i am quite dissapointed in the power. I know it made more power, just not what i was expecting i guess. THe catless odor will take some getting used to. I will say this on a positive note, the header is top quality as far as welds and craftmanship.

I do notice a slight rattle when i crank the car or i shift hard in between gears, Would the ingalls torque dampner help this??

If feels as if it is bottlenecking, and i am not seeing the headers full potential, will an aftermarket exhaust make it run smoother??

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey ben, didn't u get a BCRH? how is it?
yep, I like it ok, like my review said its a quality piece, i just don't feel the power that i thought, but i just put it on. I need to give it a few days for the ecu to learn the new mod. I don't like the springs that come on it. I understand why they put them there, but they make a slight rattle. I still feel i made a good choice over the dcrh though.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
an aftermarket exhaust would be nice to let the negine trully breathe. You dont need gaskets unless you feel the need for some. With my comptech header I reused the stock gasket up top and where the Random Tach cat and the exhaust piping meet I didnt use a gasket either. All is well here, lol

·
Registered
816 Posts
yep, I like it ok, like my review said its a quality piece, i just don't feel the power that i thought, but i just put it on. I need to give it a few days for the ecu to learn the new mod. I don't like the springs that come on it. I understand why they put them there, but they make a slight rattle. I still feel i made a good choice over the dcrh though.
omgosh im so stupid--i thought someone else started the thread lolol im so dumb sorrry

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
The install was a horrible experience. I ended up stripping one of the bolts because the three bottom holes did not line up properly:Mad: I ended up using studs for the bottom 3 holes to match the top holes. IMO that is how it should have come from the factory. I also was a little annoyed about having to go hunt down bolts and gaskets for this $800 header. So i bolted it up to the stock exhaust, Cranked it up i noticed the stock exhaust had a little deeper rumble from the rear but if you stand by the car or listen you can hear a tinky sound. Sounds like the "wonderfully crafted" springs are rattleing a little bit. I had a feeling this would happen. Doesn't bother me enough to pull it off and wrap it though. So, i take it down the rode get on it i notice it pulls a little harder in VTEC but other than that i am quite dissapointed in the power. I know it made more power, just not what i was expecting i guess. THe catless odor will take some getting used to. I will say this on a positive note, the header is top quality as far as welds and craftmanship.

I do notice a slight rattle when i crank the car or i shift hard in between gears, Would the ingalls torque dampner help this??

If feels as if it is bottlenecking, and i am not seeing the headers full potential, will an aftermarket exhaust make it run smoother??
Sounds like you had the same problem with the bottom bolts that I did. I had to put a helacoil in one of the holes in the head that I f'd up. I did have good gains from mine. I had heat wrap on mine when I installed it and it was buddyclub as well and it caught on fire and I didn't get my money back for it. I had pretty good gains with mine, but that was with the skunk2 70mm on it as well. The rattling might be the black piece that you have to take off under the hood to get to the top of the header. It may be rattling around a little. Other than that, is your car lowered? Really, I think I would have been just as happy with the dcrh as I would have been with the buddy club. I will let everyone know when I get the dcrh installed on my car soon. Then I can make a comparo.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like you had the same problem with the bottom bolts that I did. I had to put a helacoil in one of the holes in the head that I f'd up. I did have good gains from mine. I had heat wrap on mine when I installed it and it was buddyclub as well and it caught on fire and I didn't get my money back for it. I had pretty good gains with mine, but that was with the skunk2 70mm on it as well. The rattling might be the black piece that you have to take off under the hood to get to the top of the header. It may be rattling around a little. Other than that, is your car lowered? Really, I think I would have been just as happy with the dcrh as I would have been with the buddy club. I will let everyone know when I get the dcrh installed on my car soon. Then I can make a comparo.
See you had the exhaust on there. Alot of people on the forums think the stock exhaust is not restrictive. Probably for a stock set up it is pretty free flowing, however when you put 2.5 inch catless header in the exhaust path and bottleneck it down that much. It has to be robbing power. While i might be putting down 8-10whp now, when i get the exhaust my header will gain back that 2-4whp lost plus what the exhaust gives me. If this doesn't make since and i am way off base, lmk. Plus the only reason why i didn't go with the dcrh. I think for long term the quality isn't there, I am getting a supercharger in the future, and most of all i don't like the fact that dc sports is selling out to a company that makes APC aka "A PIECE OF CRAP" and will be sold at your local pep boys. Try getting a warrantee isue fixed. lol Too each is own though. If i had to do it all over again, i would have given vibrants catless header a try.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
See you had the exhaust on there. Alot of people on the forums think the stock exhaust is not restrictive. Probably for a stock set up it is pretty free flowing, however when you put 2.5 inch catless header in the exhaust path and bottleneck it down that much. It has to be robbing power. While i might be putting down 8-10whp now, when i get the exhaust my header will gain back that 2-4whp lost plus what the exhaust gives me. If this doesn't make since and i am way off base, lmk. Plus the only reason why i didn't go with the dcrh. I think for long term the quality isn't there, I am getting a supercharger in the future, and most of all i don't like the fact that dc sports is selling out to a company that makes APC aka "A PIECE OF CRAP" and will be sold at your local pep boys. Try getting a warrantee isue fixed. lol Too each is own though. If i had to do it all over again, i would have given vibrants catless header a try.
True.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I had a BC Pro Spec mated to the BCRH @ one point but I sold the catback because it wasn't loud enough for me. I did feel a small loss in the butt dyno after going back to the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ya I just installed my BCRH today, was a huge pain, had problems getting one of the bottom bolts in but I eventually was able to get it threaded and then tightned the rest of the way. Still need to finish putting everything else back together before I take it out for a drive, just thought I'd give a heads up, maybe use a round file and file the hole about another mm or 2 to the left or right depending on which bottom hole you make your first bolt in so you don't have to sit there and pry the header left and right to make a thread, and then worry about stripping the threads in the block.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Ya I just installed my BCRH today, was a huge pain, had problems getting one of the bottom bolts in but I eventually was able to get it threaded and then tightned the rest of the way. Still need to finish putting everything else back together before I take it out for a drive, just thought I'd give a heads up, maybe use a round file and file the hole about another mm or 2 to the left or right depending on which bottom hole you make your first bolt in so you don't have to sit there and pry the header left and right to make a thread, and then worry about stripping the threads in the block.
I agree. I wish I would have thought about that prior to trying to get mine on. I f'd mine up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.