8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys/gals i have been looking into coils for a while now. one set i have been leaning towards is the BC racing BR type coilovers. there have not been a lot of people on here that have them yet (from what i have read) and the few threads that talk about them seem to be relatively negative based on speculation alone.

so i went on google and found a few reviews on some subaru forums, it seems like BC has had these coils out for the subies for a while and the subi guys are giving them good reviews. here is one of them:
BC racing review: i-club.com

also my roommate just bought BC racing BR type coilovers for his em1 and i have to say they feel great. when you set the dampening all the way soft, it almost rides softer than my stock fg2. when you set them to around medium there is practically zero body roll and zero bumpiness.

my main concern is longevity. there is a guy i have talked to that has had these coils on his em1 for about 20,000 miles now and they are still going strong.

so i guess i am just trying to see if there is anyone one here that has had any experience with them, and get their opinion on the set up.

thanks 8th

·
Registered
684 Posts
i got some bc racing coilovers. They are good so far...been driving them for about 2000 miles...the rear does not go as low as the front tho...but that's ok for me

I set them to max softness and it's pretty frikken close to stock softness

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
I think they sound pretty good to me.

I saw them on Corsport a week or two ago and was wondering what the deal with them are. I'm very interested for a review on an 8th, but they sound like a deal for the price.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats weird that it will not go lower? i don't really want to slam my car, but it seems like i should be able to if i want to.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i think i will be going this route this summer. my roommate's em1 feels great and somebody on his forum has had them for almost 20,000 miles without any problems.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
FYI, BC coilovers are the exact same thing as KSport, D2, Function and Form, and there may be a few more..these are ok for coilovers if you are just dding your car, but if you want performance over looks, than I say invest into something else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI, BC coilovers are the exact same thing as KSport, D2, Function and Form, and there may be a few more..these are ok for coilovers if you are just dding your car, but if you want performance over looks, than I say invest into something else.
Complete noncense, BC Racing have absolutely nothing to do with KSport orD2 Racing, completely different factory and product with no connection other than theyre both based in Taiwan.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts