8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some comments on 2 forged wheels (okay, technically, one is semi-solid forged) I'm looking at right now. Click on the links below to see the wheels on the car.

Contestant No.1: BBS RG-R

Contestant No.2: SSR Type-C RS

I'm going for 17-inchers. The BBS weighs in at 17lb, and the SSR at 15.5lb.

Personally, I'm not too fond of the SSR's looks, but the moment I picked up one of the wheels with 1 hand, I was like ... "Oooo ... I want ..." (yeap, it's hella light).

The BBS is more of what I'd like, but the weight is what's stopping me.

Which one would you pick?

·
Registered
542 Posts
SOGO said:
Need some comments on 2 forged wheels (okay, technically, one is semi-solid forged) I'm looking at right now. Click on the links below to see the wheels on the car.

Contestant No.1: BBS RG-R

Contestant No.2: SSR Type-C RS

I'm going for 17-inchers. The BBS weighs in at 17lb, and the SSR at 15.5lb.

Personally, I'm not too fond of the SSR's looks, but the moment I picked up one of the wheels with 1 hand, I was like ... "Oooo ... I want ..." (yeap, it's hella light).

The BBS is more of what I'd like, but the weight is what's stopping me.

Which one would you pick?

Theres other light wheels other than the SSR, but 17 lbs isn't bad.

But the SSRs are $400 a wheel?
and the BBSs are $530 a wheel?

You can get Volks around that price man.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
A Si isnt a F1 car...

Plus its only 2.5 pounds per a wheel, use the money you save buying the SSRs to get a gym membership if your that concerned about weight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deedle said:
Theres other light wheels other than the SSR, but 17 lbs isn't bad.

But the SSRs are $400 a wheel?
and the BBSs are $530 a wheel?

You can get Volks around that price man.
Where I come from, both cost about the same. The TireRack links are just for you guys to see how they look on the car.

·
Banned
717 Posts
Both are outstanding. The SSR gives a more tunerish look, while the BBS gives a refined look. Personally, BBS is what Id do, but My buddy has the old SSR GT10s and they are amazing. Remember to use the link on this site before you order so the site gets credit! also if your a great person, refrence my name, spencer, on the last page of the checkout under option3!

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Deedle said:
Its more about what you want, both are still better than stock, those are the worst looking BBS wheels IMO.
Wow! The RGR is one of BBS's top of the line wheels and IMO it is probably one of there best looking wheels, but to each there own. Personally I don't think that Tire Rack program does those wheels or most wheels for that matter any justice.

My vote is for the RGR's.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts