1 - 20 of 1614 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Battlefield 3

NEW VIDEO

NEW VIDEO

Battlefield 3 allows you to feel the full impact of battle like never before. Powered by Frostbite 2, the next generation of DICE’s cutting-edge gaming engine, Battlefield 3 delivers spectacular visuals, earth-shattering destruction and real as hell combat gameplay providing a dramatic immersive First Person Shooter experience. One moment you may be marching down a hilltop listening to the hypnotic sound of a firefight in the distance or admiring the way the light reflects off the smoke plumes of ground to air missiles rising from the city you’re about to engage. The next you’re on an urban street, surrounded, claustrophobic, fighting for your life and looking eight ways at once with all your senses on high alert, chilled at the knowledge that the building you’re hiding behind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Welcome to Battlefield 3

June Update

8 Min Tank Battle...cool stuff

Console Debut PS3 Graphics!

Is anyone super excited for this to finally come out!?

I am just stumped on PC or PS3 purchase as I hate the huge amount of hackers/cheaters that I run into on the PC. I had to quit BF2 as it was too much to handle.

I have mixed feelings about prone as well as dolphin diving was a big issue in BF2.

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
I can't wait.

Battlefield > COD

Anybody with quick reflexes can win games in COD. It takes teamwork to win games in Battlefield.

Bad Company 2 > Black Ops

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I can't wait.

Battlefield > COD

Anybody with quick reflexes can win games in COD. It takes teamwork to win games in Battlefield.

Bad Company 2 > Black Ops
So true! I stopped playing Black Ops to go back to BFBC2

Call of Duty = Rambo style run and gun/camp
Battlefield = Full out war and team work

Unless you have a team full of snipers Battlefield is much more adrenaline pumped and you can fit 5+ Call of Duty maps into a single map of Battlefield! I never played 2142 but I tried to jump back into BF2 but the amount of hackers was insane that I uninstalled it, lol.

I just hope the PS3 verson is 32 and not 24 for online play as PC is 64...I will have 3 times as many friends who will get the PS3 version compared to the PC but I will buy a new PC for this game if I have to, lol.

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Ouh, PS3? Play with me and my homie! We play on nights we don't have to study. We try to have every class in our team, because a team of sniper gets nothing done, LOL.

I like playing Medic and Sniper. I'm playing Engineer to get the weapons and stuffs. I hate being assault though, lol.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I can wait....i can wait for along time ...

Dice killed the game. [email protected] is laggy as hell(servers) no maps, no planes, the choppers suck and 95% of your side are snipers that cant kill ****.

so i will wait this time untill i think is ready for me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Can't wait for BF3 . I've just recently played BC 2 on PC and is hooked. The multi-player is simple amazing- love the maps, weapons, vehicles and the team play. The last shooter game I played was Modern Warfare but BC2 is so much more fun. Still @ level 30...Takes so long lol

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouh, PS3? Play with me and my homie! We play on nights we don't have to study. We try to have every class in our team, because a team of sniper gets nothing done, LOL.

I like playing Medic and Sniper. I'm playing Engineer to get the weapons and stuffs. I hate being assault though, lol.
I usually go Engineer, easily my most favorite class. Followed by Medic, Sniper, then Assault. When I snipe I don't just sit back and wait, I sometimes even red dot the M95, lol.

I unlocked everything a while ago, I think I am around 130hrs in...lol

PSN: Saffron

Just put 8th in the message as I don't add random people

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Haha, I suck at homing in the 3rd rocket. Lol, I like to put acog on the M21 and play mid-range sniper. It depends on the map that I become a mobile sniper or a camping sniper. I also only play hardcore, lol. I hate regular games.

Ic. I'm almost done with Engineer but I don't think I'll finish Assault anytime soon. I just think it's a really boring class, lol.

F'sho, f'sho. You have a mic too?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Assault is boring, sit back and noob tube everyone is all I see but ammo restock is nice.

Yeah I rock the mic unless I am playing with a bunch of people without one and they all suck, then I don't even bother.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This game will be soooo amazing! No need to buy the CoD game that comes out this year as THIS will provide me with more than I need!

I think I logged just shy of 50hrs in BlOps before I sold it for $45 and sold the RC car for $80, then went back to Bad Company 2 and Im in and around 140hrs for that I think....lol

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Quick question:

and trust me I'm not biased in the least. I own a PC, xbox, and PS3.

Why do people always complain about "hackers" in PC games.

When I played bf bc2 on PC. I can't really recall running into a "hacker" except for maybe once or twice. I went to my friends house yesterday to play cod mw2 on ps3, and yeah first game we joined people were cheating their balls off. I also used to play halo 2 pretty heavily and I quit because the cheating above level 32 was unbearable.

In my experience, you run into cheaters just as frequently regardless of platform. But to me its even more frustrating on console because theres nothing you can do, theres no admin to kick and ban players, and you have no options on choosing servers. So for example on PC, I might know of a server thats well enforced and almost never has cheaters. I would keep it on favorites and join it all the time. Xbox or ps3 you're randomly group with people in a mach server and can't do nothing but leave if they cheat, only to reconnect with them again.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I hear you and I own everything as well.

Personally, I just found that cheating on PC was as simple as downloading/installing the cheat so anyone, regardless of talent with a PC, could essentially cheat. Whereas with a console much more work is involved to implement a "hack". Even now, you can Hack your PS3 failry easily but people are getting banned and bricking their consoles trying.

It exists on everything but I ran into it much more on PC.

Battlefield 2 was full of Aimbotters and PunkBuster was horrible, ModernWarefare 2 was insane and I actually bought it again on my PS3 because of it, though now I hear the console versions are horrible...I stopped playign many moons ago.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New video added in 1st post.

Man this game looks KICK ASS, the graphics are amazing Frostbite 2 engine FTW!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have no idea.
I really want to see what the PS3 version looks like as I may have to upgrade my 4yr old PC a bit early to play this. I was holding out for Diablo III.

1 - 20 of 1614 Posts