8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What battery are you guys running or what do you recomend? I have a alpine pdx 600 and a pdx 4.100. I have had to jump the factory battery twice in the last week. I don't run the stereo much when the car isn't running either. Thanks for you help, I have trouble making decisions.

·
Premium Member
221,966 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Crazy you're having to jump your car off that much. I'm running 3 amps: PDX 4.100, 4.150, and JL 1000/1 and have only had my battery die while I'm tuning. It does suck though.

I was actually looking at a Yellowtop from Sam's: great price and cheaper than anyone online after figuring shipping.

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
What battery are you guys running or what do you recomend? I have a alpine pdx 600 and a pdx 4.100. I have had to jump the factory battery twice in the last week. I don't run the stereo much when the car isn't running either. Thanks for you help, I have trouble making decisions.
Then you might have something draining you battery.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have anything drawing current but a alarm. I think I hurt the factory battery by draining it completely a couple of times. I think I'm going optima but can't decide between yellow or red now!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I don't have anything drawing current but a alarm. I think I hurt the factory battery by draining it completely a couple of times. I think I'm going optima but can't decide between yellow or red now!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:hnoes:
One is for "engine running" applications, the other is "engine off", IIRC. May be wrong, but seems like that's what I had basically read. Think engine off is red, engine on is yellow.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
red is your starter battery.. more cold cranking amps than they yellows. You see yellows as 2nd batteries in a lot of audio setups. I'd go with red unless you are planning on more than 1 battery. I've used them in all of my vehicles that have audio setups and they've never failed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
in 07mugencivic's diy i thought he mentioned that the yellow tops don't fit?? if they do which group is it from and do you have to get the one with the reversed terminals?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts