8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone.

I have a 2009 EX-L for the past 4 months. I went to get it cleaned today since I did not want to do it in the weather which is below 40. I go to a place which has the pulley system to move your car through all the cleaners and brushes in a garage. After that they clean the car by hand for about 20 minutes.

I noticed before I left the car had a problem starting but I shut it off and tried again and it started. When I went to leave the car wash place the battery could not start the car and I had to be jumped.

Since Honda was right down the street I went right over to there and they tested the battery which it came up good and told me they need it to read bad to replace it. So I am left wondering why that happened.

I do not have anything added to car except the plug in play Sirius receiver. So do you guys think it could be? If the alternator was bad wouldn't the battery dash light come on during driving to show an electrical problem?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Maybe water got into the system somehow.

Your talking about places they hand wash and dry. yeah
my place down the street has like turbo water thing that sprays water from underneath
so it could just be a little thing. im not too sure somebody else had this problem though
after a wash just like yours.

Good luck thoug.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I would go to your local auto parts store and have them test your electical system to see if everything is working,I would bet the battery has a low charge,I would start there.:thumb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe water got into the system somehow.

Your talking about places they hand wash and dry. yeah
my place down the street has like turbo water thing that sprays water from underneath
so it could just be a little thing. im not too sure somebody else had this problem though
after a wash just like yours.

Good luck thoug.
Hopefully your right.

I did do the optional undercarriage cleaning.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To me I am starting to think that it cant be the battery. I started it up this morning and it gave me no problem. Anyone else have some more thoughts? Just want to know if it is worth leaving this with Honda. They are a bit out of my way so I am trying not to waste my time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.