8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Requesting pictures or info on what battery terminals people used to install their power wire. I just ordered a complete 4awg kit to wire up a Kicker KX800.2 in the trunk. I looked at the factory battery connection on the positive post and I'm not sure if I can buy a new terminal because of the wire configuration...

Does anyone also know the size of the stock battery cable to the alternator? It looks like 4awg or so, but I haven't taken all the plastic and shrink wrap off of it.

Edit: I've got a 07 FA5.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Personally, for SAE style posts, I always use the mil-spec terminals. You can get them from NAPA, depending on where you are located, or they can be ordered online from Pat at Premier Power Welder, or a few other places. Then you just need ring terminals to make your connections.

Here's a pic:

The connections are made like this:

And a link:

Military top post battery terminals, clamps, connectors for batteries

Its been a while since i looked at the factory pos. wire, but I recall it being somewhere around 6-8 AWG. Whatever it is, its adequate to run the car's fusebox. Obviously you want to upgrade the big three, and run a dedicated power wire for the amps (I am assuming you know this). I also recommend upgrading your factory battery, as it is marginal at best, even for starting the car.

Hans

1 - 2 of 2 Posts