8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery is dead. When I tried to jump it, the second I made all the connections, the lights started to flash and the horn started to go off. I do not have an aftermarket alarm system. The engine turns over and it turns on when connected to the other car, but the alarm does not go off! Whats going on? How do turn on/off the "valet" mode? Where is it located? Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My battery is dead. When I tried to jump it, the second I made all the connections, the lights started to flash and the horn started to go off. I do not have an aftermarket alarm system. The engine turns over and it turns on when connected to the other car, but the alarm does not go off! Whats going on? How do turn on/off the "valet" mode? Where is it located? Thanks!

It happens to all newer hondas when you try to jump them. What you should do is: after jumping your car (alarm goes of) make sure all the doors are closed, than put the key in the door lock and lock it once and unlock it twice. Make sure you do it manualy (by turning the key) it wont work by pressing the buttons with the remote. The alarm should stop sounding. Good luck!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm sorry but let me get this straight lol........ if your battery ever dies.... you jump it and the alarm goes off everytime???? I have a 2009 Si Sedan.

·
Registered
418 Posts
this isnt true. bought my 06 si in the dead of winter last year. went to go look at it and the battery was completly dead. the sales guy jumps it and bam, no alarm sounded! and yes the alarm does and did work then too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this isnt true. bought my 06 si in the dead of winter last year. went to go look at it and the battery was completly dead. the sales guy jumps it and bam, no alarm sounded! and yes the alarm does and did work then too!
"this isn't true?" wtf, just because it didn't happen to your car, doesn't mean that it is not true. Let's use a little logic here. I have jumped my civic about two times now (yeah, I'm an idiot), and this is the first time this has happened.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It happens to all newer hondas when you try to jump them. What you should do is: after jumping your car (alarm goes of) make sure all the doors are closed, than put the key in the door lock and lock it once and unlock it twice. Make sure you do it manualy (by turning the key) it wont work by pressing the buttons with the remote. The alarm should stop sounding. Good luck!
I will give that a try. Thank you, I'll let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
418 Posts
"this isn't true?" wtf, just because it didn't happen to your car, doesn't mean that it is not true. Let's use a little logic here. I have jumped my civic about two times now (yeah, I'm an idiot), and this is the first time this has happened.
i was referring to the guy who says it happens to all newer honda's when you jump them. relax--bud....use a little logic and buy a new battery and quit jumpimg your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Worked for me too. I left the interior light on and drained the battery. I should have read here first before removing the fuse for the horn and letting the car run for an hour to see if the lights would stop flashing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there Harboypl, it worked. Thanks for the advice. We were tired and not in the mood to deal with what should have been a simple jump start. Nothing is easy/everything's a fight. Again, thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Hardboypl, it worked!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so quick question, I know this post was like from 13 years ago or so, but as far as getting the alarm to go off after jumping it I assume I’ll need the spare key to lock once/unlock twice right? That may be a dumb question but the actual key would be in the ignition? Haha any help would be greatly appreciated sorry for the dumb question in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worked like a charm! Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts