8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I use Zaino's car wash. You don't get much for what you pay, I don't think, but I've never had a car soap sud up like that. Really gets your car sparkling clean.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My dad has been in the carwah buisness for 15 years. If you want the absolute best wash go to a high quality hand wash and go through the presoak, soap, rinse cycle. If the car apears clean then resoap and use a micro fiber mit to wash over the car to get any coats over the car that high pressure won't take off. Than rinse and SPOT FREE RINSE. Than use a shammy and let it drag over the car without putting pressure on it. Once the main water streats are off air dry it on the high way.

This is good to do on a couple week basis. Youll still have to do deeper cleans and wax but this will help sustain the life of the car alot. BTW, I would not suggest using the liquid wax in carwashes. There are many readons for this but I would just not advise it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
My dad has been in the carwah buisness for 15 years. If you want the absolute best wash go to a high quality hand wash and go through the presoak, soap, rinse cycle. If the car apears clean then resoap and use a micro fiber mit to wash over the car to get any coats over the car that high pressure won't take off. Than rinse and SPOT FREE RINSE. Than use a shammy and let it drag over the car without putting pressure on it. Once the main water streats are off air dry it on the high way.

This is good to do on a couple week basis. Youll still have to do deeper cleans and wax but this will help sustain the life of the car alot. BTW, I would not suggest using the liquid wax in carwashes. There are many readons for this but I would just not advise it.

Good luck!
Why not?

I was thinking of using the wax option at the Do It Yourself car wash bay thing with the high pressure hose after i get off all the ice and crap during the wintertime. I would think that that spray wax would be better than no wax during the wintertime.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, one reason is alot of these waxes contain Petroleum distillates. This can and will damage car surfaces if applied often enough over many years. Another reason being was at carwashes will often haze to a certain point and car fade your paint indefinetely if nto careful.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Full Blackfire wash kit. not being biased because i have tried all the products under the sun, but it is simply the best in terms of building a strong dirt collecting lather that leaves the paint smooth and un-swirled. and their polishes/wax protectants make meguires look juvenile. they are expensive, but WELL worth the money.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine if the car is just "regular" dirty. Works great and no scratches. Must use top quality microfiber towels though. I can wash my whole car, using the two bucket method, with only about 8 gallons of water. This is nice since we are still officially in water restrictions around here. You can also pull it into the garage and give it a good was in the cold winter.

If it's really nasty, I use the Optimum Car Wash. It's very nice stuff.

In fact, I use all the Optimum Polymer Technologies products. Very good stuff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts