8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just clay barred my 2007 Honda Civic for the first time! So far the results look great. A few questions I am curious about...

1. I used a 160gram clay bar, does that typically last 1 whole vehicle then throw it away? I was unsure when the clay bar is just used up?
  2. How often should I clay-bar my vehicle? Annually?
Thanks for any and all help!!
James

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you think of a clay bar like a sponge for dishwashing, you just know when to throw it out.

Clay bar it every month if u want. Don't think it will make that much visible difference if u washing and waxing. Maybe do it every 3 months and see what u get off the paint.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Life of the clay bar depends how much dirt/fall out you are picking up. If I can feel the imperfections in the clay, then I don't use it. Also, if it falls onto the ground, its automatically junk.

I clay once a year, but I park inside for home and work. Run your fingers along your car after a wash and see if you can feel imperfections. That'll give you an idea of when to clay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Ulrblitzer
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing