8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a baseline Dyno on my Stock 08 Civic Si with 268k miles. I thought it did good for the mileage and it looks like the engine is healthy. Dynoed 182whp and 135.8 lb-ft torque. It was on a Dynocom Dyno and it was 94 degrees outside. I'm not familiar enough with that brand of Dyno to know if it reads high, low, or average. It dynoed 189whp with the air box open on the last pull. I plan on adding bolt-ons starting with a:
K-Tuned Header w/ cutout
J35 throttle body
Thermal intake and throttle body gaskets
Custom 3.5" intake pipe
K-Tuner ECU tuner

What do you guys think I can get at the wheels with those modifications? I'm 16 years old and have been reading through the forums and would appreciate any advice or help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to give an update. This is my son and his car. We are going to install a k-tuned header with a 2.5" electric cutout no cat with the stock catback. The header come in looking good, better than some of the others I've seen pictures of on here. It was a good price $319shipped that's why he chose it. We are going to clean up a small amount on the primaries to match the gasket better. And then heading back to the Dyno! We would love to hit 200whp with the header only and cutout open. The car is stock other than that with 272k miles!

·
Registered
2 Posts
At the moment the car is stock with a header and cutout. We will be taking it back to the dyno soon. There no tune on the car just yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts