8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my Baseline Dyno of my Si. This was taken at BRE Motorsports ( Dec 1, 2007) on a Dyno Dynamics. No other Si's showed up, very disappointed.

Attachments

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
wow... take it to another dyno ASAP... those numbers are low...

also tell them to show u the graph on rpms not mph... it makes it confusing for some ppl like that...

·
Registered
104 Posts
hmm, I think thats about right for a Dyno Dynamics reading
They tend to read lower than most dyno due to the double roller arrangement
I got 154.4Hp last time, and a RSX-S on the same dyno and same day managed 147.6Hp

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
that's the lowest dyno number ive seen yet.
i've seen another with similar numbers... he eventually found out his catalytic converter was clogged and caused him to lose power...

one more thing what color is ur Si???

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
that's the lowest dyno number ive seen yet.
nope:

So i got my 06 si dynoed on a dynojet dyno. I had 4 pulls and the highest was 155 whp and 148tq. The mods I have are a Greddy EVO2, Fujita SRI, and a Hondata IMG. There was another stock SI there putting out 185whp and 131wtq. Can somebody please help me figure out WTF is wrong with my car. I am going crazy and am ready to sell the POS. The first pull was too short a gear which is why the numbers are so low. They actually gave me a 4th pull but the 3rd pull was the highest

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
lmao :rotfl: that was the guy i was talking about in my post...

he's from down here and nobody can think wtf is wrong with his car... on another dyno he came to he put down a whopping 162hp while stock Si's were putting down 185hp...

he replaced the cat... and it has a little bit more pep... but it still is lagging compared to other Si's... he hasn't taken it to the dyno again since the cat problem...

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Why? Dyno's shouldn't really be used to compare power ratings but as a tool for tuning. But that's pretty redundant.
for peace of mind... if the numbers on another dyno are the same while others dyno higher then he might have a problem with his car...

u should see how bad this other guy feels knowing that his car dyno's way lower than other Si's... but at least now he can fix it...

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
u should see how bad this other guy feels knowing that his car dyno's way lower than other Si's... but at least now he can fix it...
He shouldn't have to pay if it's Honda issue.

His problem can be brought to American Honda, they should address this. I know it was a mass problem a few years back for mustangs and the RX8. Perhaps the afflicted could ban together and bring a claim to Honda.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts