8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
what year wrx? I will assume the new one in which case the WRX every time.......with equal drivers of course.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Not totally true. I've gone up against one before, and due to the high revs of the Si I stayed a bumber ahead the whole time. I do think it could have been driver error on his part though. It was VERY close the whole time, and if it hadn't been for an 8k redline, he would have dusted me. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
when i 1st got my car and it was just past the breaking point, i raced a last gen one, dont know exactly but it was stock. 1st run from a dig i grinded 2nd and it was gone. 2nd from a dig i grinded 3rd, and 3rd from a dig no grind but it stayed up 2 car lenghts on me and kept pulling away. BTW this is my 1st stick car and i wasnt powershifting either....eh i suck and cant launch.

but my friend just got the brand new wrx but he wont race me cuz its his 1st stick too and hes still learning. someday we will race and i will post results.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
DANG IT

almost all cars are faster than the si.....

GTI WRX MS3 COBALTSS REDLINE SRT 4

btw
does it mean the MS3 is faster than the RX8 ???? WHAT A SHAME!!!

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
With just simple power to weight calculations, the WRX (08) has a ratio of 13.9 lbs/hp and the Si has 14.6 lbs/hp. Thanks to our short gears, and an extra one, we close that gap from a roll. From a stop, well, a man can dream, can't he?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.