8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Got a 2006 FG2. A while back I hit a large pothole and blew a tire and bent my right rear trailing arm. I replaced the tire but have been procrastinating the trailing arm (caused my camber to be ~-1.0 degree lower so wasn't a huge deal). I've been keeping an eye out for used ones and see base model ones, but never Si ones. The P/N is different between the Si and base models but I wouldn't be surprised if I can pop in a base model trailing arm, seeing as how I actually have base model HFP suspension in it right now and it's been great.

Currently there's an 06 FA1 at my local junkyard that I wanna pull the trailing arm from but I'm not too sure if it'll work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I can't visually see a difference when comparing my 09 EX coupe lower control arm to that of my son's 08 Si sedan.

My 09 EX coupe uses the FG1/FA1 rear lower control arm but the FG2/FA5 rear knuckle and brakes so it's clear the parts bolt together properly.

I reckon the real question is whether or not the FG2/FA5 part is stronger then the FG1/FA1 part.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear!

That's what I was wondering as well, but I have a feeling it could be something insignificant like slightly thicker RSB mounts... junkyards don't charge a whole lot for trailing arms so i might just go grab it tomorrow and take my chances since it sounds like it should work just fine. Once I have both out and it fits properly it'd probably be easiest to just weigh both of em to see if one is meatier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good to hear!

That's what I was wondering as well, but I have a feeling it could be something insignificant like slightly thicker RSB mounts... junkyards don't charge a whole lot for trailing arms so i might just go grab it tomorrow and take my chances since it sounds like it should work just fine. Once I have both out and it fits properly it'd probably be easiest to just weigh both of em to see if one is meatier.
Curious if different?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts