8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone send me this, I searched but only found old threads, and tsi hasn't sent it yet... thanks much!

or if your willing to send me your tune, and have similar mods,

tsi kit, wr intake manifold, pulleys and 2.5in exhaust

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did, I think they are closed for the weekend and I wanted it asap...

The intake manifold is sexy though shame nobody has it

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
When are you going to the everything install? i want to see what numbers you get with the IM install and from there i will see if i want to onder another one or not..

Am sure TSI will send you the tune tomorrow, jus talk to jason.. he is a cool guy and he will send it to you, if not i can send you the lates one they send me...

Have you seen the new IM they have for the R18? wepon R is making a new one for us, and it looks alot better, but it might not be as good as the one available right now for us turbo people..

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really, a new im? everything was installed friday night into saturday morning and it looks sexy as ****.... me and ed (jdmreddy) installed everything and even put in a secret fujita intake (from the turbo to maf and filter) you will see when pics come out

the problem im having is that the car starts, and shuts off after 5 seconds... if I gas it I can keep it on but it only revs to about 3k then limits it... I have a feeling it has to do with the afr and it being too rich... when its in boost it runs and whenever its not it doesnt... so im hoping the tune that came with my fic (blackendskys old tune that was for an auto) is just a bad tune and thats why the car isnt running...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
mine did that 3k rev limits when i first did the install and it was a bad base map you have the one with currupted files

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
really, a new im? everything was installed friday night into saturday morning and it looks sexy as ****.... me and ed (jdmreddy) installed everything and even put in a secret fujita intake (from the turbo to maf and filter) you will see when pics come out

the problem im having is that the car starts, and shuts off after 5 seconds... if I gas it I can keep it on but it only revs to about 3k then limits it... I have a feeling it has to do with the afr and it being too rich... when its in boost it runs and whenever its not it doesnt... so im hoping the tune that came with my fic (blackendskys old tune that was for an auto) is just a bad tune and thats why the car isnt running...

Nice, take some pictures i want to see the engine bay lol and see what the IM looks like on there..

Also a video clip will be nice, i want to see what the car sounds like with the IM install..

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
When do you plan to take it to a dyno to get tune? i really want to see how much power you make at around 10 or 11psi witht the IM install.. i was expecting about 230whp, lets see if i was right.. even 220whp will be good, since the torque will be about the same..

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when I drove it, it pulled like no other from 2.5k to 3.5k and im at 11lbs boost, but im gonna raise it once I find a really good tuner...

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
when I drove it, it pulled like no other from 2.5k to 3.5k and im at 11lbs boost, but im gonna raise it once I find a really good tuner...
Welcome to the club lol, when i step on it in first or second from a stop, i get no traction at all.. i need better tires.. haha

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
you need to get some yokos or somethin i have a set of 225 sdrives and theyre the **** my tires before were worthless first was all spin and most of second, now i have pretty good traction +1 for yoko

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
When are you going to the everything install? i want to see what numbers you get with the IM install and from there i will see if i want to onder another one or not..

Am sure TSI will send you the tune tomorrow, jus talk to jason.. he is a cool guy and he will send it to you, if not i can send you the lates one they send me...
Is this just a matter of getting the latest version or is it tailored for an individuals set up?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its a base map... its set up to run safley... tunes can vary depending on altitude and alot of other factors, you can run it off the base map but tuning is reccomended....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys!

I did install the kit in Russia. But we got the problems with the tune - it seems, it was corrupted when I did copy it to my laptop because of the tune encoding depends on regional settings in Windows. The engine did not even start as all the fuel maps have the positive values, instead of negative as it should have (as the injectors are 50% larger). The tuners in Moscow did a new tune (the car gains 205 whp), but it is not very good as the car gets falling in different conditions. Would you please send me the tune supplied with a kit? And tune you are using now so I could try it. I did write a request to Turbo Specialties, waiting for the reply now, but I will be very thankfull for your tunes as well. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts