8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I was wondering if it is bad for the ECU (with flashpro tuned) or the car and its components to leave the battery disconnected from the car and stored inside for an extended period of time? (3 months)

ALSO will disconnecting my battery for this long reset my Emissions stuff for when the connect my car to the computer when testing my diagnostic stuff? Like to see if I cleared any codes or any of the ready codes.

I am going to be storing it and was just wondering before I do.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hey all, I was wondering if it is bad for the ECU (with flashpro tuned) or the car and its components to leave the battery disconnected from the car and stored inside for an extended period of time? (3 months)

ALSO will disconnecting my battery for this long reset my Emissions stuff for when the connect my car to the computer when testing my diagnostic stuff? Like to see if I cleared any codes or any of the ready codes.

I am going to be storing it and was just wondering before I do.
Its fine. Although yes you will have to reset the readiness codes

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its fine. Although yes you will have to reset the readiness codes
Gotcha, do you know how long it takes for them to read "Ready"?

Also does anyone know if disabling the secondary O2 sensor in Flashpro Manager will mess with the Emissions process?

I am running a High Flow Cat with my Skunk2 Alpha but have it disabled.

·
Registered
721 Posts

Also does anyone know if disabling the secondary O2 sensor in Flashpro Manager will mess with the Emissions process?

Some people have trouble and can't set them all for weeks/months... Follow the directions in the owners manual and you should be able to get them good to go in a day or two.

AFAIK You should be fine without the other o2

·
Registered
93 Posts

if you know how to drive a vehicle (for readiness) you can usually get all but evap and catalyst in one trip. fuel level needs to be 1/3-2/3 and a cold start performed, if that is done you may be able to get catalyst and possibly evap as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts