·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
they are going to pay for it since it was thier fault.
The only thing I care is that the car will have accident report on the car history

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Your location says Kansas. Did the accident happen in Kansas as well? If it did, you won't have an accident on your car history. I don't know the specifics behind it, but Carfax doesn't get information from Kansas (or doesn't get the RIGHT information from Kansas) because Kansas accidents never end up on the Carfax. I can personally vouch for this as my last Si was involved in two accidents and TO THIS DAY the car still has a clean record.

Just goes to show you how bogus Carfax really is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your location says Kansas. Did the accident happen in Kansas as well? If it did, you won't have an accident on your car history. I don't know the specifics behind it, but Carfax doesn't get information from Kansas (or doesn't get the RIGHT information from Kansas) because Kansas accidents never end up on the Carfax. I can personally vouch for this as my last Si was involved in two accidents and TO THIS DAY the car still has a clean record.

Just goes to show you how bogus Carfax really is.
Yeah, it happened in Kansas. If that is true, that's great.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Oh it's true. My Si was rear-ended (damage over $1000) and the accident didn't show up. That accident was 3 years ago. I rear-ended a car in the same Si ($14,000 in damages) and that accident has never showed up.

My parents rear-ended a car in their Cutlass convertable a good 10 years ago and that accident never showed up.

My mom had two different accidents in her Cavalier she owned and neither showed up. That was 7 years ago.

A friend of mine dodged a deer and slammed into a pole in his RSX 4 years ago. The car was nearly totalled. No accident on his record to this day (he still owns the car).

I've yet to hear of a single accident in the state of Kansas show up.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Also, make sure to have his/her insurance company cut you a check for loss of value on your Civic. Go to 2-3 different dealerships and have them give you appraisals on your car knowing it had been in an accident and then have them give you an appraisal for if it wasn't in an accident. Submit those to insurance and negotiate money out of that as well. It typically goes straight to your car loan to pay off principal on it but it's less money owed by you down the road.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I'm sorry about the accident, but with $6000.00 you can take the money, fix that thing spend like less than 2k then get a supercharger.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I'm sorry about the accident, but with $6000.00 you can take the money, fix that thing spend like less than 2k then get a supercharger.
There is structual damage as well (indicated by the bent metal inside the trunk).

Go to a nice bodyshop and get a great job done. I'm sorry but I'd rather have a stock Civic that looks brand new than a supercharged Civic that will never be correct again because I went half-ass with the repair job.

Are you in the JoCo area? If so I can recommend a shop or two that do great work. Do NOT go to where the insurance company wants you to go because they'll typically just have you go to the lowest bidder who may do a very shitty job and leave you hating the car for the rest of the ownership.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I just want to share my bad day with you guys. I was hit by a car from the behind today when I stopped at the traffic lights. And it costs about 5~6000 to repair.
Here are the pics:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l256/tsamkait/IMG_0806.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l256/tsamkait/IMG_0807.jpg

The other car's insurance company is going to pay for the repair. The appointment day is March 2nd at Steve body shop Lawrence KS. It takes 2 weeks, but I will get a rental car.
You'd be smart to go to Eveland Brothers in Shawnee - by far the best body shop in the area.

Eveland Bros. Collision Repair Center

·
Registered
65 Posts
Damn I literally had the exact same sort of rear end about 2 weeks ago

Cost around 1500 to fix again all on the person who rear ended me

here are my pics (not to thread jack) but just fyi it shouldn't be that much I mean how fast were they going to give you structural damage?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Sorry about your luck man, I hope everything turns out okay. I got rear ended twice in a 3 month period so I know how it feel's. I once had an oldman drive into the back of me doing 40 mph like I wasn't even there. SUCKS. He told me he wished I would have moved... I told him to read the rules on how to drive especially the chapter about breaking. :readtherules:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
You'd be smart to go to Eveland Brothers in Shawnee - by far the best body shop in the area.

Eveland Bros. Collision Repair Center
The problem with them is they're really hit or miss. Some people swear by them, some people (after having their work) avoid them like the plague. My understanding is that the older, better management has left and has been replaced or something of that nature.

I used BF Bodyworks in Olathe and think they do the best work in the area. My Si looked perfect after both times it went there. My problem with them was that the owner was an absolute ******* and that it always took longer than they quoted (by quite a bit of time).

Eveland or BF Bodyworks is who I recommend to everyone every time.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
The problem with them is they're really hit or miss. Some people swear by them, some people (after having their work) avoid them like the plague. My understanding is that the older, better management has left and has been replaced or something of that nature.

I used BF Bodyworks in Olathe and think they do the best work in the area. My Si looked perfect after both times it went there. My problem with them was that the owner was an absolute ******* and that it always took longer than they quoted (by quite a bit of time).

Eveland or BF Bodyworks is who I recommend to everyone every time.
I used them about 10 years ago, but they had the best reputation in the area at the time. I haven't lived in KC for a while, so they may have declined.

·
Registered
111 Posts
BF worked out great...after they had to repaint and blend half the damn car.....im still bummed about hitting you cuz that put a major dent in the ole pocketbook but its all good lol....damn galaxy gray

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a copy of estimate today. They said they have to replace my muffler, then I asked them to put the HFP sport muffler on it and I will pay the difference between two muffles, which means I will pay 1XX more for the HFP muffler. Good Deal :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts