8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was backing out of my driveway today and someone left a shovel right in the middle of the driveway (A back-saver shovel; it's bent) and i didn't see it, and when the car went over it i heard a scraping sound. I got out of the car and tried to pull it out, but it was stuck, so i had to move the car forward first and then pull it out. I have a coupe, so it's a bit lower than the sedan...could i have done any damage under the car? Should I bring it to the dealer and have them check it out on the lift? The pic of the shovel is below.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Well from the looks of the 34.5 degree angle the bottom of the shovel produces along with the curveture of the handle and the rubber grip I would assume possibly you could have some scrapage on the bottom of the car, maybe on the body. Depends on the brand of that shovel or not.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i think you're fine. it probably hit the midpipe but midpipe are hung so has room to
move around some. monitor the car (listen) while driving slow with your window
open and see if you hear anything. if not, next time you're in for service ask them
to check if they see any major scratches/scuffs on the chassis.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
i swerved to avoid a cat today and ran over a curb and got stuck on a snow bank...

the bottom valance got ripped off and it took a few min of slow and cairfull rocking to get down but i did. and the car is fine...

the Coupes/Si's are more durable then you think... i just drilled a few small holes when got home and put a few zip ties through isn all was well :D

edit: the car was on a 20-30* angle... i would have taken pics but i wanted to get out of there before some ass of a cop came buy and slapped me a ticket :(

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
oh yah i normaly try not to swerv at all but i happen to know the cat(belongs to ny neabour), it was rough, the sub frame scraped the curb which is what ripped off the valance then the front end dug the snow bank and the car followed... not a big dral, im lick that i hit head on so nothing got bent... i was just taking a right and ended up going straight lol... so this was right on the corner... i'll give it to the Si... tougher then i though... the bumper is no doubt a bit scratched but beats the hell out of "umm that cat you had... well how about we go shopping for a new one?, On me :D"

my moms old 6th gen would have been totaled... but i gave to give credit where credit is due...

sorry for jacking, just thought i'd make you feel better about the durability of your car...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.