8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I've been thinking about modding my tail lights. I want brighter back up lights. Saw a video on YouTube with a pair of lights with full led mod but it was too expensive.

·
Premium Member
221,966 Posts
i put LED on my back up lights because i tinted my rear tail lights ...to see better at night ..i have no pics...i also added LED on my LP as well

best i got for my LP

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've read up on this before from other 8th members and they all go back to the stock bulbs because the LEDs just don't produce enough light to be effective.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I ordered some LED back up lights, but they sent me the wrong size bulbs... been waiting on my replacement for about a week and a half now : /

·
Registered
88 Posts
can someone PM me the where thye got theirs and for how much for the bulbs cause i either want to do the bulbs and/or get whole new tailigt assembly's with LED bulbs... can someone help...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I can't find a wattage for the standard bulb to compare with the other bulbs. Some of these LED bulbs can cost $20 each. Too pricey to buy and try until you get it right.

The size of the back up bulbs are:
Coupe: 921
Sedan: 7440

OSRAM SYLVANIA - SYLVANIA Home

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'll keep that in mind.
I'd actually love to rip apart my tail lights and do a full custom LED mod.
Just need the time to do it.

Do you have Led's for your brake lights too? If so, how's the brightness?

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
go to superbrightled.com they have some wicked stuff and should have what your looking for.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts