8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this the other day... i don't really look at my civic all that
closely cause it's my dd... prone to scratches and scuffs, bird crap, etc.

but saw all these little scratches and scuffs from the seatbelt male
buckle hitting the b-pillar (the verticle pillar where the upper seatbelt
is connected to) when i release the belt. and it's not like im just
releasing the buckle and let it retract by itself at full speed. im
holding the buckle to slow down the retraction... still manages to
scuff up the plastic. :redface:

wtf....this is the first car that ive ever seen this happen. :shady:

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Yeah.. i slow my buckle down too and i still got a bunch of scratches. All other old cars ive seen dont have this.... even 10+ year old cars..... where i just let the buckle retract at full speed.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I have noticed it too Ken. I used to just release the seatbelt and it would spring back and whack the B-pillar. I now release the belt while holding on to it. I then gently allow it to go back into position.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Leonard1818 said:
Man, you guys are talking me OUT of getting an Si day by day, thread by thread... :sadwavy:
Bro, get the Si. Just be a little more careful when operating and maintaining it. Believe me, the first time you hit VTEC, you will be glad you bought one. I wouldn't trade my Si for any car in its price range. :thumb:

Reactions: rmfa

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
There is always be some problems with any car forum you look at Leonard. Trust me for the price and what you get its an amazing car.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Everybody should try Vinylex by Lexol for their interior scratches. I had some on my door panels and this product took them away. Now, if they are deep gouges, well then thats another issue. I suppose nobody listens because I don't have over a thousand posts.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
Bro, get the Si. Just be a little more careful when operating and maintaining it. Believe me, the first time you hit VTEC, you will be glad you bought one. I wouldn't trade my Si for any car in its price range. :thumb:
Me either. Very well said. :)

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
no but my long legs and big feet leave nice footprints on the door panels. and then i found a small dent from where one of my brilliant passengers knocked it against something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts