8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna know if anyone installed HID for low, high, and fogs....i plan on installing HIDs for High beam and low beam and fog, but not too sure if thats safe...because of the tight space and where to mount the ballast...

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Youd shouldnt have a problem with tight space. I put HID's in my low beams but not my highs. I also am going to put them in my fogs. I would start off by just putting them in your low beams to see how you like it before you do everything.

Oh and if you put HID's in your high beams you won't have day time running lights anymore, which is illegal, just to tell ya. But it's your choice. :p

Here's a good deal on HID's ....... Shop eBay Canada Store - Kassabian9898 Car China:: Xenon HID Conversion Bulbs, 9006

9006 for the low beams and 9005 for the highs. I got a 6000K kit, looks great, not to blue but really bright. Good luck on the install.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
high beam?

1. it is not good to flash HID lights. cars that have OEM HID high beams have bixenon which do not actually flash, but move a shield out fo the way of the light.
2. HIDs take a few second to warm up, therefore you will not ge teh best light out of them when "flashing"
3. it is not good to give a ballast a short burst of engy...such as when flashing.
4. your high beams double as your daytime running lights (high beam bulbs getting low voltage). your ballasts will burn out quick since most of the time they are not receiving enough voltage to work.

overall....just a bad idea.

Oh and if you put HID's in your high beams you won't have day time running lights anymore, which is illegal, just to tell ya. But it's your choice. :p
daytime running lights are not necessary here in the states.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
You can use your DRL's but you have to add a little "city bulb" to the high beam reflector and use your existing 9005 oem wiring.
It's all about tapping the positive since it pulsates every 2 seconds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts