8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, tonight I had to work late and get some things printed at a local print shop. My girlfriend decides to wait in the car while I get the prints done. I'm in there for about 30 minutes, when I get back to the car, my girlfriend is on the phone with Honda Customer Care.

I'm like "WTF?" She gets off the phone and tells me that the car won't start. She told me that while she was in the car, she turned ON the alarm, then put the key in the ignition and started it (so that she could turn on the AC). She didn't know that I had an alarm system but thought it was more or less a remote control lock. The alarm goes off and after she turns it off, tries to start the engine. No-go. The Honda rep tells her most likely the imobilizer kicked in and we would have to get it reset at the dealership.

I start to trip out on her but then realize that it was not intentional and that she had no clue about my car. Honda gives us a number for a local tow truck company to get us towed to my dealership. We explain to the Honda guy that we don't have extended warranty and that we didn't pay for road side assistance. He said it was fine and that we still were eligible for a discount through Honda. The tow truck company confirmed this discount and instead of charging us over $100 to tow it, they were going to charge us only $60 to tow it anywhere in the L.A. area. We call the tow truck company and they said they'd be there in less than 30 minutes.

I then remember that I have Ayenoc's cell number so I give him a call to see what he knew about the imobilizer. I explained the whole situation to him over the phone and he instantly diagnosed the problem. Dead battery. I told him that as soon as I try to start the car, the gauges flicker. That was a dead giveaway to him and he was certain it was the battery.

I was a little skeptical only because of the sequence of events that took place prior to the car not starting. Then, I ask my girlfriend while I'm still talking with Albert if she had the radio on during all this. She then says,"Oh yeah, I had the radio on with the AC on at the time." She had all this on without the engine on for about 20 minutes so that explained it all.

The tow truck company comes, gives me a jump and everything is working as it should. Just wanted to share this little story of how great some of the members on this site are, how Honda also came to the rescue and how both turned a horrible nightmare into a reminder of how great goodwill is to everyone.

During my conversation with Ayenoc, he even offered to give me a ride if it were needed (on a Friday night!). My girlfriend was tripping out because we hardly know each other but he was willing to go leaps and bounds for a fellow member. I told her that we met through this forum and she was saying how awesome the members are on this site. THIS IS HOW DOPE THIS SITE IS!!!!

Also, just a side note, if you need to get your car towed and don't have AAA or any other type of roadside service, Honda will hook you up. Call them first and explain your situation and they'll get you a tow truck at a discounted price!

Ayenoc, you kick ass!!!! :spinning:

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
lol nayilsi I do feel you. Seeing the way you comment on youtube and the way you post here, It must be really hard for you!

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
last time i called Honda services.... the guy said he liked me............lol

probably didnt see my utube posts.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I deleted a post above.. Please think about the malicious language that you're choosing to use before you click on the "submit" button.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts