8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to paint my skunk2 exhaust Black of course on the axel back part. I am doing it for stealth reasons and would like to know what the proper spray paint; epoxy is to get the job done properly. If any 1 has any info on it or has done it before I would appreciate advice on it.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get it powder coated :X
lol na i aint paying for a full powder coat just for it to take that type of beating..

duplicolor high heat paint works great. just prep it properly.
I will have to find out exactly what metal the axelback is and try to lay down a primer coat i guess but i will give it a shot..

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
i dont think you'll need primer, just clean it thoroughly, scuff it, clean again and lay down paint. actually, im almost positive theres a thread of someone doing this to their skunk2, try searching for it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The spray paint method works as a temp fix. The high heat will eventually make it peal off. Only permanent way is to powder coat as was listed above.

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
The spray paint method works as a temp fix. The high heat will eventually make it peal off. Only permanent way is to powder coat as was listed above.
false. if sanded properly and painted good, it'll last. Mine's been painted flat black with hi temp paint for 2 years and looks fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts