8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one is the best?

Also, Im buying a Avic N3 for $550 slightly used still in perfect condition?
Good idea?

If you had to choose which one and why?

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
the N3 is the flip out one right?? im personally not a fan of those type

D3 i believe only has one slot and no internal harddrive so to play a cd or dvd you gotta have the NAV dvd out which i dont really like. however the D3 is able to be bypassed so you can have all NAV and DVD functions active while you drive

The Z1 or Z2 as i believe they are both pretty much the same is awesome i think with the built in harddrive. so you have maps on harddrive so no disc swapping and able to load music to 10 gigs of it. the screen is also bigger on the Z's from what i remember. only downside is that due to the gyroscope and techno bullshit they put in it no bypass has been discovered on it.
that is the only thing that has held me back from getting it.

so if you got the moneyand dont care about having all NAV functions and DVD playability while driving id say go with the Z. if you must have those go with the D, id stay clear of the N but only cuz like i said i dont really like the flip out ones

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quality_sound said:
Why limit yourself to Pioneer? Of the 3 I'd probably do the D3, it's MUCH easier to use than the N- and Z-series units.

Bcuz im getting it for 500 bucks.. so im wondering if should trade after i buy it..

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
z2 is pretty much the same as z1. z2 is updated minorly on maps.. and z2 has i believe a better trim/exterior casing..

i dont like the d3 because it is a vaccum loaded and exposed drive. IMO that wears down faster and doesn't have a clean look. d3 is cheaper and exteriorly it looks as well...but thats my own opinion. for about 500 bucks for the n3 is a good deal....snag it up..rock it..if someone offers more for it..than no matter what you'll be on top.

·
Registered
706 Posts
^^I'll counter that with this:
It's WORLDS nicer not to have to flip the face down every time you want to change a disc. Also a vacuum loading mechanism is more forgiving with regards to mounting angles and is quieter.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
well i did say IMO..........:hiding:

sorry but the exposed large knob/dialer and cosmetic of the display doesn't do it for me...granted the angles and mechanism probably would ware down a lot faster..but with a 10 gig harddrive.. think i wouldn't have to change disc as much... z2 just seems a better option over d3...functionally..and WORLDS nicer.

hey everybody is entitled to there own opinion..this is mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts