8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried searching for a review on this but couldn't seem to find one. just the other night i got a ticket for being on the cell phone (i know stupid me, i don't usually talk on the phone while driving but i got a raise and i was telling my mom) anyways i've decided to get the pioneer bluetooth for the avic d3, cause my cats like to get a hold of my earpiece when it's charging. anyways is it worth it? is there any problems with it (doesn't work with most phones) is it voice activated dialing? any input on this would be awesome cause i don't want to spend $170 on something that wont work for me. thanks a lot for any input.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ordered one from Crutchfield along with my Avic-N4. It works really well - call clarity is good on both my side and the person I'm talking to. Kinda picky with phones though -- my treo 755p wouldn't recognize it as a trusted device.

Worth the money IMO since I hate using earpieces.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where did you stick the mic? how can i find out if my phone will work with it? do you dial on the screen or on your phone?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Mic is mounted by the rearview mirror. Since it's kinda hidden by the black antenna pattern on the windshield, it's almost invisible to anyone looking in.

I dial using the touchscreen. Not sure about your phone. I searched but wasn't able to find a list of approved devices. FWIW, I think I only had a problem because Treos are notorious for being really selective with handsfree equipment. I bet you'll be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts