8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my iPod connected to the aux jack in my Si. The music only plays out of the right side...Well, it plays faintly out of the left...

I took it to the dealer and they said they ran tests and the aux jack is fine...

As far as the iPod: It works fine with the headphones (plays both left and right), which leads me to believe it's not the iPod...Is it even possible the cable I'm running from the iPod to the jack is bad? It's a high end cable and I can't imagine it would cause this...but then again I know little of electronics...

Also, CD's play out of both left and right...so it's not a speaker issue...

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Doesn't matter if it's a high end or low end cable, it's how you handle it.... ... How you pull the cord, by the cable itself, or you actually hold the plastic/rubber sleeve and gently pull. (yeah , yeah)

you tear the wires inside, you get less conductivity, or non, or intermitted. An aux cable is cheap enough. (since you tried with headphones and the volume is good, and the dealer tried out the jack, and had same results.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Try pushing it all the way into the AUX port, that might help, its a pretty tight fit and Ive noticed on my Ipod that it happens if my earphones arent all the way in, Ill only hear music from one earpiece.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Also, the cable could be either plugged in too far or not plugged in far enough. Try pulling the cable out centimeter by centimeter and see if the audio suddenly comes back.

Try another cable too...sounds like it's just a bad cable

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks much all! I've tried putting the cable in at all different depths, etc...No love...I suppose I'll just get a new cable. Funny thing: I don't beat the hell out of the cable...I guess I won't spend as much on the next one...seeing that this one only last ~8 months...

Rep coming to those I can rep!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Thanks much all! I've tried putting the cable in at all different depths, etc...No love...I suppose I'll just get a new cable. Funny thing: I don't beat the hell out of the cable...I guess I won't spend as much on the next one...seeing that this one only last ~8 months...

Rep coming to those I can rep!
I guess high end cables arent that good huh? I got mine for $2 and it retracts when I dont need it. :thumb: Its never failed me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts