8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. Before I begin, I will say, I have searched this forum and the rest of the interweb up and down and haven't found a good solution for this, although I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it.

Car: 2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX with premium sound system/sunroof, stock everything. AFAIK( was bought as a certified used from a dealer)

Problem: Hiss when using AUX input.

Notes: Hiss only happens on AUX input, no hiss when using CD at any volume level. Hiss happens when engine is on or off. Hiss is not audible at volume levels below about 10, but from 11-40 it gets progressively louder.

I have tried: Several different good wires, no difference. Having the device be powered by either one of the power outputs, or niether, no difference. Three different devices, no difference.

I have not tried: Griffin noise reducing wire, radio shack ground loop isolator. I will try to goto radio shack tomorrow, but I am thinking, this is the wrong solution anyway.

Thanks very much!!
:bunny:

Lots of great info on this forum, just not the exact info I needed ;P

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
It's just how the AUX port is. It sucks, big time. I tried getting a thicker Monster 3.5mm cable but the hiss was still there. The only way you're not going to get a hiss is if you get a dedicated USB port or iPod connection.
Yea, whatever happened to CHH selling the USB port interfaces anyhow?

(Personally I don't get too much hiss, but the lower maximum volume I experience when using the AUX port KILLS ME!! GRRRH!)

Edit: A thought just came to mind though... I have seen, in the past, in-line noise "blockers" at places like Best Buy which claim to eliminate any kind of line noise. Seen them used on the RCA audio signal lines between AM head units and amplifiers. I've never tried them personally, but thought I'd throw that out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.