8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Why the f isn't this stickied yet?

I just read the whole thing, VERY good information considering I plan to attend my first event later this month.
Autocross is alot of fun and the people that attend especially the regulars are very friendly. If you think you can drive, you have no idea after you try it. Wait until it rains :eek:mg: The main thing you want to do is to get there early and walk the track twice or 3 times. It will help you remember the track. Meet the folk and ask for a ride. I can't wait for the next session in my area. It's been a while and I want to see what this car can do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
All good points. Just be humble and listen to the vets. Try pick up lines other drivers are using while working the course too (pay attention to your assignment first though). Mostly, have fun.:driving:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Great thread for people looking to start autoX'ing. (like me lol). One question, Im still confused on how to register for autoX. Do I get a SCCA membership from the website than I register for the next event on the region I'm from? THX :vtec:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Great thread for people looking to start autoX'ing. (like me lol). One question, Im still confused on how to register for autoX. Do I get a SCCA membership from the website than I register for the next event on the region I'm from? Or do I just show up at the next event and register their? THX :vtec:
You can sign up for membership on the website or onsite. You can also call them. Registration is different in every region I think. Some you can do online and other on site. You can also show up at the next event and register as you stated.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yes, you do.Website, phone or at the event in some areas. You can bring your receipt or confirmation if you don't have the card onhand on the upcoming event.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yes, you do.Website, phone or at the event in some areas. You can bring your receipt or confirmation if you don't have the card onhand on the upcoming event.
While SCCA does generally require a membership to run, they offer weekend memberships for $10 or so, which you can then use to get $15 off a real membership.

·
Registered
878 Posts
My first time ever is next weekend! I ordered a helm but its to large I fear now.

Curious.. I'm right between a small and medium. Small being at 22" and medium being at 22 3/8" I'm not sure which one i should get.

This question is aimed for SI drivers only, on stock tires what pressure should i set them to? Should i go with what the 101 recommends?

·
Registered
664 Posts
My first time ever is next weekend! I ordered a helm but its to large I fear now.

Curious.. I'm right between a small and medium. Small being at 22" and medium being at 22 3/8" I'm not sure which one i should get.

This question is aimed for SI drivers only, on stock tires what pressure should i set them to? Should i go with what the 101 recommends?
I set mine at 35 psi up front and 32 psi rear last weekend. I wanted to go to 40 up front at first but didn't get a chance to put any air that morning.

I originally had 35 in the rear and spun out. The drop settled the rear quite a bit. I'm running 30 next time since 32 was still drifting the rear end and I had to catch it, but it felt awesome hanging it out and it was one of my quickest times. Good luck and have fun.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts