8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
good read feel bad for the kid
Yeah def sucks, but I think all parties involved handled it well.

Wonder why the parking brake wasn't engaged if its a manual....would've prevented the entire incident.

Also, if it were an LF-A or something, you could've just chalked it up as an unintended acceleration incident and be done with it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was wondering why the neighborhood look so trashy in the pictures. They have a very expensive car I would have though they live in some upper class city.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yeah def sucks, but I think all parties involved handled it well.

Wonder why the parking brake wasn't engaged if its a manual....would've prevented the entire incident.

Also, if it were an LF-A or something, you could've just chalked it up as an unintended acceleration incident and be done with it.
Did you read the article? It didn't roll into it, the kid started it and launched it. I'm sure he easily could have disengaged the brake too.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
That is a good question why wasn't the parking break on?
Did you read the article? It didn't roll into it, the kid started it and launched it. I'm sure he easily could have disengaged the brake too.
Also, in general, the average person doesn't yank super hard on the parking brake (particularly when just parking in gear in a garage). Even my Civic (R18) will go with the parking brake on as hard as I typically engage it when parking on flat ground.

·
Registered
401 Posts
kid didn't launch the car. The car was prob left in gear and he let out the clutch with it still it gear. Im sure it has enough torque to make it jump 4ft into the garage door without giving it any gas.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Yea, I misread it. I doubt the author left it in gear though.
What? most people park in gear, like they should. E brake is not full proof.

Also I thought the article made it pretty clear. His son normally wanted to test out the sound systems in the car, it was just another usual day for him, except this time it happend to be a manual and when he started the car it clearly hopped forward and took out the garage door.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts