8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my parents purchased an 06 Civic Coupe EX cause they think I needed a new car cause I'm moving out of town. Anyways, I would prefer to wait and get an Si or at least a Manual, but it's been purchased and the car is parked in my garage and keys are in my pockets :-D. Anyways I had a 240, and then some idiot hit me and ran off, to make it short, someone got his plate and my attorneys are working on it. The main question is that, even though it's an Auto, should I put a kit on it? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of, Audio, Rims and Bodykit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do what YOU want to the car... Being an automatic or not shouldn't really affect what you want to do with it aesthetically.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm fine with an automatic, I'm pretty used to manual. I don't want to convert it to manual, that would just be a waste of money.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think you misunderstood... What I meant was that if you want to put a bodykit on the car, some bling bling rims and a fancy audio system then none of that should depend on whether the car is an auto or stick... In the end adding aftermarket parts to any car tends to lower it's resale value since potential buyers think the car was run hard or who knows what else could be wrong with it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I find it odd that the auto's are rated better fuel economy than the manual's. Usually its the other way around...

If you going to have it for 3+ years you should like it. If it takes a body kit, rims and a system for you to like it, then do it. If you like it as is, leave it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would've prefered an SI. Like I said I'm fine with the EX Auto. It's a matter of preference, but is it NORMAL for an Auto to have a bodykit? I love cars, I fixed up my 240, but now that it's pretty much in the junkyard. I guess I just want to give the EX a more sporty aggressive look, or "fixing it up." Yes it may bring the value down, but the value of the car already dropped once it left the dealership. I've been on the race scene for a while draggin on and off the streets. You guys think this could be a handicapped. But yeah back to the 2 dollar question. "Is it normal to put a bodykit on an EX Auto?"

·
Registered
406 Posts
theblur said:
I would've prefered an SI. Like I said I'm fine with the EX Auto. It's a matter of preference, but is it NORMAL for an Auto to have a bodykit? I love cars, I fixed up my 240, but now that it's pretty much in the junkyard. I guess I just want to give the EX a more sporty aggressive look, or "fixing it up." Yes it may bring the value down, but the value of the car already dropped once it left the dealership. I've been on the race scene for a while draggin on and off the streets. You guys think this could be a handicapped. But yeah back to the 2 dollar question. "Is it normal to put a bodykit on an EX Auto?"
If your a driving enthusiasts I would reccomend against auto. I wouldn't settle for a model just because it is the only one in Inventory, if thats the case. If you were considering an Si I take it your a driving enthusiast.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the question ur asking doesn't make any since... "Is it normal to put a body kit on a auto?" It looks the exact same as a manual. How would it being a manual make more of a difference?? People don't put bodykits on cars based on whether they are an auto or manual. They put them on just because they like it. If that's what u want then go ahead and do it but don't end up not getting a bodykit because it's an automatic... that makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
141 Posts
^ with chris...

What does the transmission have anything to do with putting a body kit on?

It doesnt...

People put body kits on all cars, auto's, manual's, beaters, garage queens, daily drivers, show winners...

If you want to put a body kit on your car, put one on it. The way it shifts gears should have nothing to do with it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
eluwak said:
Do what YOU want to the car... Being an automatic or not shouldn't really affect what you want to do with it aesthetically.
I'm gonna have to agree here, I'm not even sure why you would be asking it. If you are gonna keep the auto then kit it. If you're gonna dump it then don't waste the time. Just my .02.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i think what he's asking is...would people think its a "poser" car if he hooked it up, even though its an automatic????

if thats what your getting at, then i understand where you're comming from being that i know some idiots who look at hooked up automatic cars as "fake/slow/posers."

i told someone im getting the EX coupe in auto, and the idiot said..."why? EX's are already slower than the SI, why make it even slower with a slushbox?"

i asked him if he was willing to pay for my SI, if not, "have a big cup of shut the fuk up"

point being....just like everyone here says...its your car, you do what you want with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts