8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When I first got my 06 si, the doors would automatically lock and the alarm would be set. Ever since I took it to the dealer for service, the alarm sets after closing the door but the doors do not physically lock.

Is there a way to set the car so that the doors lock up and set the alarm upon closing the doors?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
If you have a owners manual it tells you in there how to set that up,I did mine it was not that hard to do.:thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't had a chance to look at the manual but I don't remember seeing anything like that last time I looked (about a year ago).

Right now the car alarm turns on after a few seconds after I close the doors. If I were to pull on the door handle the door opens but the alarm will go off. In order for me to actually lock the door so that no one can open it, I have to depress the lock button on my key fob.

When I first got the car, the doors would automatically lock up after I got out and closed the door. The alarm would all turn on. At this point, if I were to try to pull on the door handle, the door would not open and the alarm would not go off because the door didn't open up. I don't know what happened but now my car does not automatically lock up.

How can I get it to lock up again?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts