8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 2011 EX-L w/ navi

I realize that there are several posts regarding swapping to auto climate in our non hybrid models, but my question is kinda different. I want to put the auto climate module in my car purely for the styling aspect, I like the way it looks a ton better. I do not care at all about the actual automatic functions of the auto climate, if possible I would intend to just use it as manual climate, with the auto module.

Please link another thread if this already is posted somewhere (I looked but probably not hard enough)

Any input to if this would be possible?

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Ah yes, the mod that I have still to get to. Anyway, YES, you can totally install it electrically speaking (don't forget to tap into your clusters for a couple of wires) and YES you can forego the installation of the breather tube,electric motor and arm, BUT, apparently (I say apparently b/c I haven't seen it) the ACC will throw codes and not work properly (it will blink or something like that). Apparently you can "reset it", but the codes come back. I could be wrong. I've accumulated a couple of ACC modules over the years, I just have to find the time (and motivation) to do it.

Anyway, follow the installation thread and just ignore the parts you don't want to do. Good luck, please post pics/vids!! I'm curious to see if this works. I'm at a point where if this works (I honestly don't care about the AUTO functioning like it should) for you and it works, I might just install it sooner than later.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Having completed the install myself I can tell you it’s not just plug and play. The plug is different than the one your car comes with. Better off doing the whole install or not at all. Also can’t say for sure but I think the motors are different.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Having completed the install myself I can tell you it’s not just plug and play. The plug is different than the one your car comes with. Better off doing the whole install or not at all. Also can’t say for sure but I think the motors are different.
the blower motor is the same, however the fresh air circulation motor does have to be replaced and it's arm as well.

Lucky: How is your working? How long ago did you do this?

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts