8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title basically says it all. I drive a 2010 Civic Lx. Exhaust, Rims, and window tints. Deciding what to do next.

If yes, which one and what other required parts.

If no, why not and what other things would you do.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Title basically says it all. I drive a 2010 Civic Lx. Exhaust, Rims, and window tints. Deciding what to do next.

IMO - if you are able to....trade in the LX and swap over to an SI -
SI offers a better platform to start from.....with the ability to boost your car upwards of 400WHP. Already a proven performer with a much larger performance vendor base.
A I/H/E/FlashPro will net you around 215WHP on the SI alone.
Good Luck

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
No.

Not worth it. Trust me. It's going to be slow and you may break the tranny. Trade it for an Si and do bolt ons. Or go get a turbo cobalt ss

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
No.

Not worth it. Trust me. It's going to be slow and you may break the tranny. Trade it for an Si and do bolt ons. Or go get a turbo cobalt ss
I disagree. Colbalts have a lot of problems from what I've heard.
Don't turbo.
You can do all you want to your auto[bolt ons], and it wont be much faster. Trade in for a 5-speed, or get an Si, otherwise, all your doing is looks and sounds.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
No point really. Even a MT LX, you could drop $10k into and still barely push 220whp.
It amazes me how you can post so much and know so little. Anyways...

OP, it really boils down to this.. if you want to spend several grand to modify your LX to the point where it may or may not be unreliable, but will keep up with / slightly edge out an SI, then go for it. Personally, I think you're really pushing the envelop when you stick a turbo on an automatic, but people are doing it and it seems to be working well enough for them.

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
It amazes me how you can post so much and know so little. Ayways...

OP, it really boils down to this.. if you want to spend several grand to modify your LX to the point where it may or may not be unreliable, but will keep up with / slightly edge out an SI, then go for it. Personally, I think you're really pushing the envelop when you stick a turbo on an automatic, but people are doing it and it seems to be working well enough for them.
I speak solely from experience. Just look at KT, shes dropped something like $16k and isnt even pushing 240whp. Meanwhile, you got guys in SIs who have droped a fraction of that and are pushing close to 450whp, if not more. And KT is only an extreme...theres plenty of turbo'd r18s in my area who cant even pace a stock Si.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I speak solely from experience. Just look at KT, shes dropped something like $16k and isnt even pushing 240whp. Meanwhile, you got guys in SIs who have droped a fraction of that and are pushing close to 450whp, if not more. And KT is only an extreme...theres plenty of turbo'd r18s in my area who cant even pace a stock Si.
Those were pre-flashpro days when no one made a kit for the r18. Of course pioneering a way to boost your car is going to cost a ton. Hardly applicable today.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Really? I'm running solely on bolt ons in my r-18 and I take Si's.

·
Registered
5 Posts

In our situation, apply the golden rule. There's no replacement for displacement. If you really want more power, opt for a bigger engine. These r18's and Si's are good for looks, that's about it. You could always run a swap in your car, I would highly recommend that over just turbocharging an r18. But unfortunately, without having a manual transmission, you're basically up Sh*t's creek without a paddle. A larger engine with performance upgrades is going to put out a metric ****ton more power than a 1.8-2.4L engine, even if they're just bolt on. Slam your ride and drive it slow.... hater's gonna hate.

:umad:

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
^ No.. there's no replacement for displacement.. except BOOST! Tell the numerous 500+ whp SIs on here that they're only good for looks.

And, no offense, but any Si you're taking with a bolt on R18 isn't trying.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
28 Participants
jdmdb8
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing