8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
i believe its regular painters tape

i think home depot has it, or mebbe art stores?

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Ya, any hardware store...but don't buy anything smaller than the 2"...it'll be too hard to put on.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, any hardware store...but don't buy anything smaller than the 2"...it'll be too hard to put on.
thanks, how much usually for a roll of the tape? and how mcuh do i need for whole front bumper and half of my hood?

·
Registered
124 Posts
yeah dude imo not worth it... like they said a clear bra will do the same thing... and honestly... you look retarded with your bumper covered in tape... like i said IMO... and it doesn't really do a whole hell of a lot... three hours later... still going to get chips

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
i plan on taping at my first event and on any long trip to keep bugs to a minimum.. those bitches are hard to get off

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I would tape the headlights and tape the bottom half of the bumper because you might hit cones which could scratch your bumper.

·
Registered
726 Posts
ill just be taping my head light on my track day
I thought the whole point in taping headlights was so that if you hit someone while doing a road course race, hopefully the tape would prevent the glass from your headlights getting all over the track. I don't see how you could damage your headlights in autox...

I would tape the headlights and tape the bottom half of the bumper because you might hit cones which could scratch your bumper.
Again, I don't see why you would tape your headlights for autox. The only part of your car I can understand taping for autox would be the bottom half of your bumper like how you said, because of the cones....

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have clear Bra and I still use the blue take, Its just the Oh ****, I am a Idiot driver insurance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow! that looks like a lot of work to tape the bumpers. After painting my house, I hate painters tape! I don't mind a few scratches from cones. They're like battle wounds. Chicks dig scares, right?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I thought the whole point in taping headlights was so that if you hit someone while doing a road course race, hopefully the tape would prevent the glass from your headlights getting all over the track. I don't see how you could damage your headlights in autox...
the track i will be driving on is in the desert so iam sure there will be rocks on the track and if some one is in front of me i dont want rocks hitting my lights

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cones have never left a scratch on any of my cars. Maybe some orange scuffs that rub off, but that's about it.

Check out some of the forums for autox, etc. and see what others are doing in your area. Some lots are worse than others.

Some of those pictures though, I don't care what kind of lot it is, are a little excessive, haha.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts