8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to have all 4 doors unlock when turning the engine off? its gets annoying having to unlock the doors for passengers.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
342 Posts
twistedframe said:
on my si you have to turn the key on hold the unlock button on the master switch untill it clicks twice then within 5 seconds turn the key to off.
I'm pretty sure that is what I did to activate the auto unlock, but it only does the driver's door. Does yours do the passenger door as well? (4dr EX)

·
Registered
342 Posts
twistedframe said:
i just talked to the dealer and they confirmed you can only make the driver door unlock. he said it was for safety reasons. sorry. like stated above an aftermarket keyless entry system should be able to do this though. Good luck
When in doubt tell 'em its for safety.

Or we need to find someone good at wiring. Since the car already sends the signal to the driver door lock, it would seem to me that one could change a few wires and get the signal to go to all of them. But I'll let someone else do it to their car first since wiring isn't my thing.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
it probably sends a 12v to the unlock part of the switch

so most likely just run a wire over to the other side unlock switch

·
Registered
445 Posts
Waiting on the Honda Civic Repair manual form Helm. It should have the wire diagrams for the door locks and will see if door unlock can be done on the sedan.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
get a volt/ohm meter.. why wait?

to unlock/lock a door.. the switch sends a 12v signal to the door actuator. Find out which wire gets the positive 12v when the doors auto unlock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts