8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love my car but the automatic transmission is the only thing that bugs me about my car. I think I might just be anal about it but my transmission has never shifted great when it's cold/lukeworm hot on 1st to 2nd gear. Accelerating normal and warmed up on high speeds it shifts very smooth and I can't even tell when it shift tbh. It feels like something is loose when it goes from 1st to 2nd.

I'm considering replacing both of my transmission pressure switches but I don't want to just throw money on it knowing it's a gamble fix. I think this is just an issue with all 8th gen auto's in general but if there is a solution to "improve" this issue, I would appreciate the advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What's your mileage? I had a similar issue with my car when I purchased it and I drained and filled the trans and saw a significant improvement.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What's your mileage? I had a similar issue with my car when I purchased it and I drained and filled the trans and saw a significant improvement.
I'm at 169k right now I myself already did a big drain and fill service on my car not too long ago but i'm willing to do another drain and fill if it improves the shifts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts