8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just currious on what company you guys use for insurance. I've shopped around a lot to check pricing on my vehicles.

Who do you use currently - and are you happy?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Im also with Progressive, and Im paying well under 100 per month......

They treated me well, and I was on Geico before with my parents, and they tried to charge me well over 800 per 6 months..... bunch of punks... they said I had insufficient credit..... pretty odd answer, because with Progressive Im in their top tier with the credit score..... so it was a HUGE difference..... a few hundred dollars difference...... plus their customer service is really good and the people are nice....Geico was the complete opposite......

·
ID10T
445 Posts
I'm with Nationwide. It's not the best, but I get a long-term customer discount from my Dad being with them since the dark ages.

·
Registered
805 Posts
twistedframe said:
^^Just out of curiosity how old are you and what car are you getting insured? Under $100 a month sounds awesome. I have no moving violations, but 5 fix it tickets and it jumped to around $300 a month on an 06 Si.

Im 25, no tickets, no at fault accidents, no violations, and drive a NBP Si...

Im actually under 90 per month.... and I have a couple extras aside from the full coverage....

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Statefarm Mutual

Been with them for many years and have several lines of insurance through them (car, house, motorcyles, promotional term life). Had to use them twice on bikes that were damaged (no fault, both were backed over by other car drivers while parked in parking lots) with no premium increase and vary fast service.

·
Registered
805 Posts
twistedframe said:
thats a great price. hey what part of nova do you live in? i live in herndon.

I live in Manassas, on the edge of Manassas and Gainesville... Im about 1 minute away from Nissan Pavilion....

·
Registered
805 Posts
twistedframe said:
cool, i used to work at the pep boys in manassas. used hang out at the burger king down there but i haven't been in a few years. do people still meet down there on the weekends?

They do on the weekend, nothing big, but PWC Police hang out there and like to ticket every once in a while. There are also meets in the Hoyt's shopping center.... But I havent really stopped by.... Im sure I might this summer...

·
Registered
53 Posts
wow both of you guys live pretty close to me also...i live in winchester VA..about 45 minutes down I-66. The world is a small place after all.

·
Registered
342 Posts
OK, getting back to insurance. I have State Farm. I pay $650 ish for six months full coverage on two cars. Service is great. Also I totalled my 96 Accord in November and I had my check in eight days. I highly recomend them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts