8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering...Why the heck didn't they put auto down windows for both sides on the si coupe. Alot of coupe cars have that.....It makes sence for it to have it because it is a stick car and it would make it alot easyer for when you are on the move and want the windows down...
So i decided to call honda consumer relations and planted the seed...If anyone else thinks this is a great idea give them a call and maybe we will all get an updated switch inn the mail lol. The rep told me if it becomes a popular demand I may get a product update notification and possibly a new switch......:eek:hsnap:
here is the number 1-800-999-1009

·
Registered
883 Posts
So thats all it takes is a new switch?So what your saying is that i can go to the dealership and buy a new drivers side switch and put it in the passenger slot and it will work correctly?

I

·
0 Posts
Someone long ago was trying to attempt this and couldnt get it to work.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
GreySi07 said:
So thats all it takes is a new switch?So what your saying is that i can go to the dealership and buy a new drivers side switch and put it in the passenger slot and it will work correctly?
There is almost definitely a different wiring harness on the passenger side. Also, for auto there would have to be a module (circuit board with the auto logic). Unless this is built into the switch, just putting a driver side switch on the passenger side will not give you auto.

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
xcopx said:
Wouldn't you want it on the driver side so the driver can control it?
yes that is the whole Idea not on the passenger side if anyone knows here how it works wich i am assume noone does..the switch is a 2 position switch and when it is pushed all the way in it activiates the auto down feature...

On Lexus's you have to anitialize them on a Pre Delivery Inspection so it knows when to stop telling the window motor to bring the window down...basicly it looks for when the window hits bottom and hits top the motor draws more current and when this happens it stops rolling the window up or down and this goes the same for pinch protection if it senses a load when an object is impeading it from going up it shuts down the window motor from bringing the glass up...Plus the controll modual is usually in the master switch

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Guess this is wishful thinking here asking for support....Lets leave the reverse engineering to honda if it is possible to do I'm sure I will get a call....

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
i wish the car had this so stupid auto driver auto sunroof yet i have to hold the passenger????? you would figure that all it would take is to redo the control module the two switches are built into and put in a control unit for the passenger switch that is just like the driverside

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Honda kind of dropped the ball on a few things in that regard.

I can't tell you how many times it is blazing hot outside and I expect to be able to stick the key in the door and roll the windows down from outside. Or if it is about to rain, ditto on rolling the windows up again.

I think the hardware of the car is already capable, all it would take is programming I would imagine.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
u can get auto up/down from outside with certain security systems...

also... all that is needed is a different switch for the auto up/down to work... no new wire harness... i think i'll mess with this 2morrow and see what i come up with...

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
On an interesting side note, one of my coworkers was impressed by how fast the windows rolled up and down (I hadn't noticed.)

I suggested that we rewire/program the switch to make window vtec kick in when you hit the auto feature.

Quick, roll up the windows! wrrrrrrRHHHHHHH*thunk*

;)

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahaha glad to see this thread gain interest...let me know what you come up with bizzy..and gonzo I love your rims! you rock!

·
Registered
178 Posts
This would be VERY nice. I was actually thinking about this feature this week. I regards to building logic, wouldn't it already be built into the switch if you buy another driver's side switch. It would seem logical to me that they would build the logic directly into the switch, but maybe it's just wishful thinking...

1 - 20 of 89 Posts