8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry to post yet another possibly dumb question.)

I was just wondering if anyone has had problems setting up the "auto door lock" feature on their new Civic?

I try to follow the manual and do the key / button sequence, but it never does the "second click" while holding down the door lock button.

I'm a PC technician and am usually really good at stuff like this, but this has me baffled!

Thanks-Jeff

·
Registered
342 Posts
You may want to ask at the dealership. I set up mine and it went exactly as the manual stated. I am however DISAPPOINTED that the auto unlock ONLY UNLOCKS THE DRIVERS DOOR. My other car is a '99 Olds Intrigue that locks and unlocks all the doors automatically (it is also programable).

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
You may want to ask at the dealership. I set up mine and it went exactly as the manual stated. I am however DISAPPOINTED that the auto unlock ONLY UNLOCKS THE DRIVERS DOOR. My other car is a '99 Olds Intrigue that locks and unlocks all the doors automatically (it is also programable).
If you hit the unlock button twice it should unlock the passenger side.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jeff, just make sure that you have the key turned to the exact position that the owner's manual says to... I had it turned to the wrong position the first time I tried it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'll have to ask at the dealership. Something isn't right. I followed the plackard's directions over and over again and it just won't give me that second click while holding down the master lock button. Not a big deal. Thanks for the help guys.

Jeff

·
Registered
245 Posts
This should work. I just did it last night....Just be sure that you put the key in the 0 position right after you hear the second click.

I really wanted this so that the car would lock once it gets moving over 9 mph.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, I must be "special" or something because I never hear that second click five seconds after. I hear two clicks right away (within milliseconds of each other) but never a second click after five seconds like the instructions say. Oh well, I'l just keep playing with it.

Thanks-Jeff

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
I don't mean to bump an old thread, but I've been having problems getting the doors to auto lock. I'd like for the doors to lock automatically around 9 mph (as stated in the quick start booklet/placard). Has anyone successfully set this setting and how did you do it? I've been following the instructions to a tee. I have an '06 EX AT sedan, if that's of any significance.

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
larryd said:
And also is it possible to get the passenger door to auto unlock as well?
It's just the door side that you can auto unlock when you shift to park. I haven't tried that one...it's next on the list after I figure out how to trap myself in the car first. I'm sure there's an aftermarket solution for the passenger side if you really really want it. My aftermarket alarm on my other vehicle has the passenger door auto unlock feature. It unlocks all doors when the key goes back to postion 0. It also locks the doors when the key goes to postion II.

·
Registered
297 Posts
my co-worker has a 06 EX sedan. He tried to program the auto door luck/unlock and it didn't work. He called the dealer and the dealer can't program it either. Then the dealer called Honda Canada and they confirmed that the auto door lock/unlock does not work on the EX civics. It is an error on the documentation. There is no such feature. You can call Honda to confirm it

My CSX has this feature though :D

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
I'm not sure it comes on all models. I have an EX automatic. There are three lock functions you can program on your Civic. 1) Driver-side door unlocks when you shift into park (for AT). 2) All doors lock when you shift out of park. 3) All doors lock when you are travelling above approx. 9 mph.

These locking functions are not the same as using the buttons on your key remote.

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
Tate said:
my co-worker has a 06 EX sedan. He tried to program the auto door luck/unlock and it didn't work. He called the dealer and the dealer can't program it either. Then the dealer called Honda Canada and they confirmed that the auto door lock/unlock does not work on the EX civics. It is an error on the documentation. There is no such feature. You can call Honda to confirm it

My CSX has this feature though :D
Doh!:banghead:

·
Registered
297 Posts
8thgenuser said:
I'm not sure it comes on all models. I have an EX automatic. There are three lock functions you can program on your Civic. 1) Driver-side door unlocks when you shift into park (for AT). 2) All doors lock when you shift out of park. 3) All doors lock when you are travelling above approx. 9 mph.

These locking functions are not the same as using the buttons on your key remote.
Did you program it already, or you read it from the manual? My co-worker's EX didn't work (see my previous thread) and Honda Canada confirms that there is no such feature, manual is wrong

·
Registered
297 Posts
States EX and Canadian EX are built at the same place, I think (with VIN starts with "2"). Unless they put in/replace a new ECU, this feature cannot be simply added by the dealer

·
Registered
297 Posts
Can you try to program it to see if the feature works? That way we can confirm is the US model is lacking this feature. My co-worker confirmed that canadian version doesn't have it, regardless of what the website, brochure or manual says.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts