8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was woundering how much it would cost to swap out my auto tranny and get a manual tranny with a vtec engine for my 10 civic i know i should have just got a manual in the first place but i just want to know how much money im expecting to spend and what i need to do it thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I was woundering how much it would cost to swap out my auto tranny and get a manual tranny with a vtec engine for my 10 civic i know i should have just got a manual in the first place but i just want to know how much money im expecting to spend and what i need to do it thanks

So you want to do a tranny swap and motor swap?

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
Its about $6000 in basic parts (engine, trans, shifter, ecu, mounts), plus a bit morefor odds and ends. Keep in mind that price is for used parts.

Then figure another few thousand dollars at the very least for labor, unless you plan to perform the swap yourself.

So conservatively, about $10,000.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have done it on an old d16 1996 dx, it was fun finally having a manual, it was simpler to do back then too... but its not worth it at all.

Too many parts to convert to manual alone, if your doing an engine swap on top of that, its a whole nother ball game. You'll be changing out electrical harnesses and ECU/Relays and motor mounts and essential every single part in engine bay, including your intake/ header /exhaust, not to mention Si's have electric power steering as opposed to hydraulic. Probably have to change out the axles and brakes too if you want the VSA and ABS.

To convert to manual alone you will need:
- clucth and brake pedal assembly
- CMC and all lines, can be fabricated, working through the firewall is not an easy task.
- Tranny/ clutch/ flywheel.
- shift linkages and bushings/ shifter assembly/ shift knob.
- center console for manual transmission
- Tap your reverese brake light

in between all these items listed above you will probably need some random bolts,nuts, clips to make everything a clean job.

Avoid yourself a major headache and just buy an Si.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just posted on another thread but I have a 06 lx auto and just bought a 06lx manual wrecked for a donor car what all would I need that's not in the donor car I can do all the work and the auto is mu daily to build my 2018 sport touring but the daily has alot of issues the trans being one of them and I got the wrecked car fairly cheap with 125k on it

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
nope you just don't do manual swaps unless you get the doner car for free and you can do all of the work yourself and willing to. Cost to much and it will always be cheaper to just sell what you have and pick up a manual version of the 8th. I had a auto at one point started modding it and got a turbo and before I could even install it got robbed and car stolen. Found car it was a mess insurance paid me out and I could have got another auto cheaper but went on a journey to find the manual I have now. now this car is a monster. do the right thing start off with a manual or sell what you have and find a manual 8th

1 - 12 of 12 Posts