8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car got rear-ended by somebody. I went through the insurance; everything went ok; the other party admitted fault. They're going to pay for my car fix. Do you guys have any suggestion on auto collision center? I'm looking for something around Kearny Mesa area. I was thinking of the United Auto Collision Center (Penske) on Balboa. What do you guys thinks? I have a black '06 EX

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Btw, do you guys know if under California Law, i can bring my car to the repair shop of my choice and AllState insurance should honor it? without me having to pay anything? even though the repair shop is more expensive than average?

·
Broke Baller
110,904 Posts
Thats just one review but its up to you. I've taken my car before over at Miramar Collison Center. They moved to Mira Mesa. I like it there because they have a lifetime warranty on there work. About the law, I'm not 100% sure but I believe you have the right to go where ever you want. Its a matter of how much the appraiser or the person assessing the damage value the repair. I would double check with your insurance company. Some people go thru there own insurance and pay there deductible upfront and then let the 2 insurance company battle it out. That way your insurance company can squeeze every penny out of the other insurance company.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't get the chance to ask around too much. I've only asked these 2 friends of mine, and they brought their car to that Penske place. It's a little bit more expensive than the others, i think. Their labor rate is $48 instead of Allstate's $40. I just wanted to go somewhere someone i know had their car repaired before. It doesn't look like it's going to work with that auto shop. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.