8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So couple months ago I decided to put in a sound system, I bought set of Alpine type S speakers and putting those in later on but thats not the problem, I bought a Pioneer deck off a friend (don't know the model of it), so my friend and I decided to install it yesterday, did all the dash swaps blah blah, now were at the part of cutting the wires, we did some research on what wires are what (he pretty much did all the wiring, then found out a problem, Apparently there is 2 illumination wires, we tried to figure out what goes where, tried the stero and my right speakers did not work, so we decided to put everything back and continued tomorrow, So as tomorrow came we decided to go another way, I went to bestbuy/futureshop to buy a Oem to deck harness, rewired the oem harness back to its place and wired the aftermarket harness, So now we plug everything in and my oem stero does not work now!!!!! (Im not very good at explaining problem but I will get my friend to detail the problems out tomorrow) and did I mention I have a aftermarket auto start?! please help!

·
Registered
734 Posts
FYI there is a category for car audio and electronics questions that you'd probably get better answers from...sadly I'm not seeing a lot of details here; my assumption is either your connections are faulty from wiring in the OEM harness or you have a blown fuse (or 2), which is the nature of the beast when you hack out the OEM harness and have loose wires hanging around; it only takes one second of a live wire touching bare metal to pop a fuse.

For future reference - don't ever cut the OEM harness out. Always, always, always buy an aftermarket harness.

But what I'd do first is go back and make sure every single connection is made securely; solder and electrical tape is the best method (although I'm sure others may disagree and tell you that crimp caps or crimp connectors are as good, but thats an argument for another day). I'm assuming because you bought new adapters that you cut the actual OEM adapter too short to reuse; hopefully you still have it, because the next step is to compare the aftermarket OEM adapter to the original, make sure for every pin on the actual OEM plug that has a wire coming off that the aftermarket OEM plug has a corresponding wire. And lastly, check your fuses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts