8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes sir....been waiting...YEARS for this baby. Sad that its going to cost more than a fing GTR though =[ but man is it sexy.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are saying it's putting out more power than the R8 and thus its current price speculation without options or dealer bs is like $97,000 if it even comes to the US.

So you'd be looking at close to $110,000-$125,000 likely which is crazy. ZR1 territory.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
did anyone notice something weird with the tailights? seems like they were not working properly.....the right side would be on and the left side would be off and when he was braking they wouldnt come on at the same time, seems like there was a big delay

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did anyone notice something weird with the tailights? seems like they were not working properly.....the right side would be on and the left side would be off and when he was braking they wouldnt come on at the same time, seems like there was a big delay
Yeah but assuming that is just a road test car not the actual production / finished version it probably still had some bugs ...i doubt it'll roll out in a dealership with the issue. Then again it is German, and an Audi their known for their crappy electronic problems.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
They are saying it's putting out more power than the R8 and thus its current price speculation without options or dealer bs is like $97,000 if it even comes to the US.

So you'd be looking at close to $110,000-$125,000 likely which is crazy. ZR1 territory.
In that case I'll take the ZR-1, plastic bumper cover be damned. The Audi still looks good at least.

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
It has LED tails, I imagine. LED is a rapidly flickering light. Cameras pick up this flicker in intervals, so it makes the taillights look weird.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
One of the best looking cars I've ever seen. That car is gorgeous and I want to do some seriously naughty things to it.

My dream car.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's most likely a rear fog light-

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Very nice! hopefully Audi makes a new UR Quattro coupe and Allroad. On a side note did you guys see the new mustang turn signals? when on they flicker 1-2-3,1-2-3 pretty cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKUWkewd52M

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Yeah but assuming that is just a road test car not the actual production / finished version it probably still had some bugs ...i doubt it'll roll out in a dealership with the issue. Then again it is German, and an Audi their known for their crappy electronic problems.
It has LED tails, I imagine. LED is a rapidly flickering light. Cameras pick up this flicker in intervals, so it makes the taillights look weird.
probably due to vw/audi's notoriously shitty wiring i bet

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

your numbers are all wrong, its gonna be around 70-75k full loaded.

Also it only comes in flappy paddle so this car is a total fail for me.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

44sec mark

78,000 Euro is 97,000ish here. give or take a few hundred.

However in the first video he claims 54,000 pound which is ~$80,000...

Soo yeah its somewhere between $75,000-$100,000 US...which gets interesting because either way you slice it...its hella expensive.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
eh its a nice car, but i'd much rather have an rs4. I like smaller cars...
Uhhh, the rs5 is smaller than the rs4

The "flappy paddle" you are degrading shifts faster than any human could. Just saying.

Also, when he takes it to the track, anyone notice the LED DRL on the right side isn't working? lol

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Uhhh, the rs5 is smaller than the rs4

The "flappy paddle" you are degrading shifts faster than any human could. Just saying.

Also, when he takes it to the track, anyone notice the LED DRL on the right side isn't working? lol
well see about that the a5 weighs as much as an rs4, and its a coupe. So I can imagine the rs5 comes in weighting more (larger engine)

honestly the whole flappy paddles shifts faster than a human argument doesn't mean jack to me. You've shaving off maybe .1 .2 off 0-60. I'd take a 6speed over it any day. Minimal performance gains, more boring car. No thanks. Give me a real gearbox.

·
Registered
32 Posts
well see about that the a5 weighs as much as an rs4, and its a coupe. So I can imagine the rs5 comes in weighting more (larger engine)

honestly the whole flappy paddles shifts faster than a human argument doesn't mean jack to me. You've shaving off maybe .1 .2 off 0-60. I'd take a 6speed over it any day. Minimal performance gains, more boring car. No thanks. Give me a real gearbox.
More boring yes, but if you drive into San Francisco like I do, you'll be wishing you had a DSG at times. And it isn't a standard auto gearbox with a torque converter, so you can't exactly just name all "flappy paddles" generically. They are pretty sweet though, but for what I do, I'd also rather keep my 6spd :D

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
No doubt on a full time dedicated track car DSG would be preferred. But for a street car the thrills of a 6speed can not be beat.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts