1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YouTube - New Audi R8 V12 TDI
:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:
This is the sexiest car I ever seen!!!!!!!!:eek:hnoes:
Form and function from the air scoops in the front to the engine heat soak vents on the rear and engine/tranny coolers...LED's everywhere with HID's..spoilers that adjust to make max downforce....Audi quatro..Audi double clutch DSG racing transmission lifted from the R10 race car. All of this combined in a TDI v12 that makes 500hp and 757tq :iorun:

I want it...who do i have to kill? This has more new technology than Bill Gates house!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
bro..watch the video. The car you show isnt the TDI..thats what the base audi looks like!!!
Its a very differnt car. =) so figured differnt thread
The video in the thread I have is exactly the same as yours. No problem. Great minds think alike!

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The video in the thread I have is exactly the same as yours. No problem. Great minds think alike!
its okay. mods work thier magic. Maybe if they want one audi thread they will merge. But yup..thats the official r8 TDI v12..Im in love!!! such a nice looking car. :laughing:

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
YouTube - New Audi R8 V12 TDI
:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:
This is the sexiest car I ever seen!!!!!!!!:eek:hnoes:
Form and function from the air scoops in the front to the engine heat soak vents on the rear and engine/tranny coolers...LED's everywhere with HID's..spoilers that adjust to make max downforce....Audi quatro..Audi double clutch DSG racing transmission lifted from the R10 race car. All of this combined in a TDI v12 that makes 500hp and 757tq :iorun:

I want it...who do i have to kill? This has more new technology than Bill Gates house!!!!!
I'll take a... Regular R8, GT2, GT3RS, GT-R, S7 TT, all over that car.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
lame.

quit wetting your panties over the torque. its a diesel which means it sucks for a sports car. have fun hitting the fuel cutoff at 4500RPM.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lame.

quit wetting your panties over the torque. its a diesel which means it sucks for a sports car. have fun hitting the fuel cutoff at 4500RPM.
ya...because it sucks so bad that Audi's TDI R10 race car with the same engine has been dominating LE MANS and is currently Undefeated!?!? hmmm?

Even you should give credit for Audi thinking outside the box and not only making one of the best looking and most hightech desighned cars ever made but one with a completely new engine that redifines what it means to be a sports car

YouTube - HQ Audi R10 "A new dawn of power - Part 2"
"Racing is life...anything happens before and after is just waiting"

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
ya...because it sucks so bad that Audi's TDI R10 race car with the same engine has been dominating LE MANS and is currently Undefeated!?!?hmmm?
can you say combination of fuel consumption and handling?

lets see a diesel win something thats not endurance, aka fuel consumption doesnt count.

the point was, because of the crippled redline, you dont get to use that torque because the gearing has to be low, because its a diesel. now if the car had a proper redline and all that torque, it'd be a different story.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

lets see a diesel win something thats not endurance, aka fuel consumption doesnt count.

the point was, because of the crippled redline, you dont get to use that torque because the gearing has to be low, because its a diesel. now if the car had a proper redline and all that torque, it'd be a different story.
well lets see...They destroyed everything in the American Le Mans series. I personally saw them rape porsche at Leguna and it was not much endurance race as it was not that long. The TDI's were faster...Tq is king coming out of a corner.
The tq curve is so low on a diesel it doesnt need to screem on rpm range to produce results. The aud r10 race car redlines a low RPMS as well...

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

^Exactly, diesel has its attributes primarily in endurance, like someone said on another thread in racing torque isnt really a relavant factor as hp. The old F1 cars had 1000 hp but only 300 pounds of torque

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
well lets see...They destroyed everything in the American Le Mans series. I personally saw them rape porsche at Leguna and it was not much endurance race as it was not that long. The TDI's were faster...Tq is king coming out of a corner.
The tq curve is so low on a diesel it doesnt need to screem to produce hp. The aud r10 race car redlines a low RPMS as well
Why are you even comparing two cars that arent even in the same class? It was surprising that the LMP2 Porsche was even getting close to level of the audi. If porsche wanted to go LMP1 they would certainly have a better car

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^Exactly, diesel has its attributes primarily in endurance, like someone said on another thread in racing torque isnt really a relavant factor as hp. The old F1 cars had 1000 hp but only 300 pounds of torque
thats called power to weight ratio. Tq plays a significant factor in racing!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
This car will be a monster and get great gas mileage for a 500hp. car. Perfect for a daily driver with the magnetic suspension I reckon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts