8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry to bring up a simple question, but I'm really worried about how the ATF change affects MM. I went to my dealer and picked up a few things for a 3 year maintenance, and asked them when to change ATF because my MM hasn't told me to yet. Parts guy asked a Service lady and they agreed every 30k. I said well MM hasn't told me to yet and I'm at 40k. (He actually disagreed that there's even a MM item for ATF)

So, I see people on here that go upward of 50k, I'm wanting to do it at 40k, Honda says 30k, so my question is, if I do it now, at 40k, how will that affect my MM if it comes up at 50-60k and says to change it? Also, I believe MM might combine items, like when it pops up for ATF it might also be time for coolant or something not changed frequently, so I don't want to reset my ATF when it pops up if it's not time to change something else yet, etc. etc. I know it doesn't really matter since I'm documenting all of my services and doing them at regular intervals independent of MM, but I just didn't want it to think I've "done things" that I really haven't, or vice versa. What do you think?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts