8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the work is worl is worth the end result when waxing an ASM civic. Ive never done it beause i dont imagine there being much of a difference. If anyone had done it, im sure some have, please shar your final impressions or results. Thanks

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Just wondering if the work is worl is worth the end result when waxing an ASM civic. Ive never done it beause i dont imagine there being much of a difference. If anyone had done it, im sure some have, please shar your final impressions or results. Thanks
Yo any car that is waxed would look good... it brings out the color....

even sometimes when you bring your car thru the car wash you'll see the difference...

ie

not the best pic... but this is hond's Auto Butler Buffing machine...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
haha funny i waxed my car yesterday with some turtle wax. took me a good hour. and at the end was it worth it? yeah during night time kinda. but not really it looked the same haha. but **** if u want ur asm to last long then do it *****. dont be lazy

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Wow, I would NEVER take my car though any other car wash but a touch less one. The best wax/ sealant is BFWD for any color really. It give the paint a wet look to it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so the payoff was very little....hmmm. I washed my car well yesterday and it looked great. maybe ill wax it once and see if i notice a difference. what wax type or brand? the search begins lol

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
i dont bother with wax/polish. really doesnt do much for the car because of the colour. just a wash is good enough and it looks amazing.

here's a pic washed with some crappy black magic car wash that sitting in my garage of 5-6 years, meguiar's aluminum wheel cleaner and mother's back to black for the trim:

i think it looks sharp and wax/polish probably wont make it look any better than it is.

it does need a claybar though so wax/polish will eventually have to be done.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Any color will look much better with a good wax. I would choose p21s (big fan) or something from einszett. Not too expensive and many exotic owners swear by both.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Mothers back to black is junk.
I have heard people say this, but they used it as a dressing. Its more of a plastic dye when used multiple time. Some say that the plastic didnt return to the gray color. Also I think its only supposed to be used on black surfaces.

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
I have heard people say this, but they used it as a dressing. Its more of a plastic dye when used multiple time. Some say that the plastic didnt return to the gray color. Also I think its only supposed to be used on black surfaces.
I have applied on multiple occasions and wasn't impressed. Perhaps its too watery? It looks fine for a day or two but goes back to looking faded :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts

Wax helps protect the paint so why wouldn't you wax it? I think I washed and waxed it before taking this pic. Been a while.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts