8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, well as the title says I no longer have posession of my Si that I Loved so much and did so much to it. Here's the story behind it all, Last month I had went on military duty down in florida and I was a month behind on my payment and Honda called me asking when I was going to pay so I gave them a date when they would receive my payment and they said fine. Turns out I come back to NY from military duty and my payment was scheduled to come out 2 days from when I returned but Honda couldn't wait so I wake up the next morning to the re-po man lifting my car ready to take it away. I called Honda and they said that I had hit 60 days past due the day the re-po was done. I had a payment scheduled to come out of my account and yet they still took my car? WTF kinda SH** is that!! Anyways I've been going back and forth with Honda to get my car back and the final decision that whatever sh**head supervisor came up with and they're sticking to is I have to pay the full balance of my loan on the car in order to get it back!!! So my credit is shot now cause the reposession and no1 is willing to give me a loan for thousands of dollars. Also Honda will not let me take any aftermarket items off my car which include I/H/E HFP Lowering springs, short shifter,grounding kit. I cant even sell my powdercoated wheels to any of the members on this site and exchange them for regular stock color Si wheels.

So This is my goodbye to my 2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan(ASM) (Armyzfinest).
-FA*Crew Member #622
-Club Evo2 Member #69
To the next person That ends up buying my car and happens to join the 8th community please take care of her in every way like I did and 1 other thing don't brag about what you've done to the car unless it's something else put on the car that I haven't put done already, just makes you look dumb if some1 asks u what u got under the hood and u have no clue, I just hate when some1 tries to take all the credit for something they don't deserve.

Here's 1 of the Last pics I took of her :'-(

I still have my G35 coupe that I will be driving from now on but it's not the same. My ASM FA5 was so much more fun to drive. I will Miss Her!

If I can't get my ASM back before auction then I will be continuing on my deployment overseas once again and when I get back I will get another 1. I love this community and every1 in it and I love the FA5 especially the 08'. So I will try my hardest to get another 1.
I might have some stock stuff to part out but that'll be the last of everything...it hurts so much to see her go :'-(
This is my farewell Every1 :wavey:

Thank You to all the members and community for helping me build my car up to the way it is!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I dont really know the rules and regulations of repos but it seems like you should be able to get your aftermarket parts back if you provide the oem ones to replace them. Maybe threaten to sue?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea I kno...and all the representatives are all a-holes!!! they have no sympathy whatsoever. Because it was a choice between 2 decisions, either to let me pay the past due and repo fees and reinstate me back into the loan or pay the full balance. So i gave them all paperwork needed to fax over and then said it will take 2-3days with a decision and they called back about 1hr later and the supervisor said your request has been denied and you have to pay full balance of the car.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im still arguing with them but they dont seem to care about anything i throw at them. all in all if they want to stay being a**holes they could at least let me get all my parts off the car and return it back to stock...doesnt that benefit them in anyway trying to sell it? cause i kno cars retail for more with all stock parts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Damn...that sucks alot. I would start murking people. Good luck though, and best of luck on your deployment. My bro goes to afgahnistan in two months. Hope the best for all troops!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
get a lawyer dude, you are talking about your life at stake mainly because your credit report is going to suck. On top of that you are serving your country thats ridiculous. I know lawyers are money but itl beat havin a bad credit report and no car.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
So if you had a briefcase in the trunk with a million dollars in it, would they let you take that? I don't see any difference in that and the aftermarket parts you have on the car. You should be able to get them back.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they said i could only take things out that aren't bolted on my car...which makes no sense at all. especially cause i said i will replace everything with stock parts. but for certain i dont care what they say im ripping off my jdm "H" emblems..sry but those aren't bolted on, they're adhesive so they better not say anything

·
Registered
90 Posts
dude you are getting shafted what a bunch of a--holes they are. good luck on getting your ride back and stay safe on your deployment.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
they said i could only take things out that aren't bolted on my car...which makes no sense at all. especially cause i said i will replace everything with stock parts. but for certain i dont care what they say im ripping off my jdm "H" emblems..sry but those aren't bolted on, they're adhesive so they better not say anything
I say you take the advice of other members and get a lawyer before you even touch the car. It may only hurt your credibility in the long run. Granted, you are being jerked around, but you shouldn't do anything on impulse in these situations because it might just end up costing you more down the road.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
thts blows man,. waitt they want u to payy the full balance or what you owe to get urself up to date?? from what i grasped, you are update on ur payments but since they have seized your car, they want you to pay the full balance.??

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
get a lawyer dude, you are talking about your life at stake mainly because your credit report is going to suck. On top of that you are serving your country thats ridiculous. I know lawyers are money but itl beat havin a bad credit report and no car.
Yeah, this is what you should do bro!

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
sorry to hear all of this man. I hate to be the one to point this out but if you were out on military duty in Fla. when your payment was due, how come you didn't make other arrangements to have the payment made? They do auto payments on the American Honda Finance website. You can pay your bill from any computer with internet access or you can set it up to auto-deduct straight from your checking acct. every month.

I'm certainly not saying that what they're doing is right. I don't think so. You should definately be allowed to retrieve your personal belongings (including all aftermarket parts). All I'm saying is that I can see what their argument is going to be when you and your lawyer say that you missed your payments b/c you were out on military duty.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i am 2 months past due on my car, but they dont care and they want me to pay the full balance left on the car which is almost $16,000...

purplemonkey- i will be consulting with a lawyer on this and everything i can to get my car back and thank you for every1 giving me some advice

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry to hear all of this man. I hate to be the one to point this out but if you were out on military duty in Fla. when your payment was due, how come you didn't make other arrangements to have the payment made? They do auto payments on the American Honda Finance website. You can pay your bill from any computer with internet access or you can set it up to auto-deduct straight from your checking acct. every month.

I'm certainly not saying that what they're doing is right. I don't think so. You should definately be allowed to retrieve your personal belongings (including all aftermarket parts). All I'm saying is that I can see what their argument is going to be when you and your lawyer say that you missed your payments b/c you were out on military duty.
yea i kno, im an idiot for not using the american honda finance site for the 1st time to schedule a payment and thats my fault but i did speak with one of the honda finance reps over the phone when they called me and they made the notation of the scheduled payment to be taken out on the day i specified

1 - 20 of 41 Posts