8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 09 VP yesterday and the dealer told me there's no armrest cover for the center console. WTH? I tried searching this forum but couldn't find any info. Does anybody know if someone makes one and where I can get one? I find the absence of one to be very annoying. Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Of the console without a lid?

I checked the manual and it shows a console lid but is says "EX/Si models only" I am wondering if I purchased the cover from the dealer if it would fit on my console or if I could rig it to cover it. I hate having it exposed so dirt and other junk could get in there. Plus I just like resting my arm there and having an extra concealed storage compartment.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Remember seeing some decent aftermarket armrests for smaller cars on ebay. If you have the same basic console base as the EX, the lid is a simple hinge mount with a sliding top. Can't believe they would sell the car without this part.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Jelloslug, those part #s are for an 06'-07' Civic. Do you know if they will fit on an '09? I'm assuming the interior configuration hasn't changed.
Here is an 09 gray armrest part number:
83450-SNA-A51ZA

I'm not sure if there is a real difference between them, the color code is the same. I also found out that you will need the hinge pin:

83406-SNA-A01--PIN--1.30

·
Registered
17 Posts
DX-VP armrest

First post-

I should be picking up my DX-VP on Monday or Tuesday. I also noticed the yawning hole on the arm rest. But I poked around the lot and noticed the other DX also lacked it. I would be very curious how to get a proper cover for it although it is hardly an urgent issue. I'm

I am replacing my Gen5 Blue Civic DX 4 Door with a Gen8 Blue Civic DX 4 Door. Brand loyalty is earned by the hell I put that first car through and not catchy marketing or status symbols. If not for the outrageous salt and potholes of the North American Rust Belt (or perhaps a garage space on my end!) the Gen5 would have been viable for much longer. with the wear and tear and corrosion I just couldn't vouch for a 16 year old car with 200,000+ miles on it making the brutal commutes to work during the summer.

Someone with more mechanical skill and access to a garage should be able to duly resuscitate the ol' bastard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont think this will work. I called the HondaParts place and asked the guy and he said its not designed for the DX-VP and I also asked at my dealership and they said they don't have anything available online, for order, or at the dealership to install a armrest cover in the DX-VP.

Sort of bummed out, but not devastated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Medium-density fiberboard (MDF) is a popular wood product used to build speaker boxes,
I have cut-offs laying around, so I just need some fabric.

I looked in to the factory parts and it's a lot of $$$ for a simple arm rest,
But you gotta like the position adjustment on them tho... <--->

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.